Dog in danger.

Hello,

I need to find a gov oficce or private org that take care animals. A Cuencana lady has a mama dog, 7 puppies + a male dog it is about 4-6 months old.
She keeps the dog in a lot that in fenced. She cant feed the dogs. She has 2 children who goes to school. She has no money for food or dr for the dogs.
I offered money for the mama dog, she refused. I offered money for the male puppy dog, she refused.
She does not want to give them away/sale them.
Dont know where to go or who to call. Someone who can take the dogs away from her,
Sometimes she hurts the mama dog. I ask her why she does.
She said she likes how the dog cries.

Please, Im not in Cuenca anymore. Maybe someone knows somebody who can help?

Hey Neil, this looks like a good starting point for that not for profit you spoke of previously.

Now you have a lot of memers some one muster have an idea of mom kind we have to have an idea
for this dog we have dome up with these.

1.  cALL A POUND AND FIND OUT IF THEY CAN FIND OUT IF THEY CAN FIND OUT IF SHE IS HURT mAMA lEE BY BEING RULE MENTALLY.....HURTING HIM....tELL HIM WHAT SHE DOES TO HER SPECIALLY AND IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.  aND TELL HIM WHAT SHE DOES TO THE CHILDREN IT MAKES HIM RELAIZE IT IS CONNECTED... tHE PERSON IN NOT NORMALL SO SAVE YOUR SMYTHANY BELIEVE ME.  tHEY SAY IT STARTS WITH ANIMALS AND MOVES ON TO CHILDREN SO TRUE.  sEE WHAT HE THINKS YOU CAN DO.  tHANK YOU FOR CARRING LETS YOU THAT DGO PLACE DOES.......QUICKLY.  fIND OUT IF YOU Can take some from her to try and get another baby pup your self since she dont' sell him to you she wants money but she rather hurt him.?????????????????????????????///  Thank you.

Thank you so much for repaly!

I call the dog MamaLee. Her real name is Lassie.
She is very nice dog, sometimes is psico, but she is that way because she wants to protect.

We been feeding her, taking her to dr and giving her med for two years.
Now we dont live in Cuenca anymore. We went back 2 weeks ago and she is starving, as the 8 puppies as well.

The dogs are in the area known as Paraiso Park.

The dogs are inside a fence. Private property. No one can take the dogs if they are inside the fence, the law protects private property.

Hope we can keep this info as anonimus. I was told by a lady who lives near by, that the dogs owner is mean, unkind. So, better keep a low profile.

I s there anyway someone can convince her to at least give up the puppies if she can't afford them?

Perhaps you could throw some food over the fence so they do not starve.

I was so upset when I wrote my last email I could barley understand myself but that is probably because I care about animals so and have rescued so many.  If people only knew that from all the research it is true first they are mean to animals and then they move to children...but just throw food over the fence that will do.

I think this idea might work..there are so many dogs to rescue in this country like people it is impossible over whelming where do you start.  You have to go to someone a lot of people respect someone in that area that a lot of people know.  Luis had a Web Site and he is Ecuadorian and he is respected and a Dog Trainer.  I am thinking he is like the Ceasar of Mexico/USA The Dog Whisper of Ecuador he is a Dog Trainer and maybe he knows some people who would convince this women to give up this Mama Lee to a better life then her hurt her and her puppies.  Maybe he and the people of her area would have  some influence on her not to stop because they do not stop the numbers say so.  Get her to give the animal up and do what is right because she can not afford the animal it will have a better life and the puppies.  Why should you and your husband be black mailed by love into taking care of these animals.  It is sad to me.  Sorry for my emotional previous email but I was torn by what was happen to Mama Lee.  Try Luis he is highly recommended in Gringo Tree Site as a trainer.  Contact him maybe he has a suggestion that is better then throwing food over a fence Mug...she is already paying for the food why throw it.

smmr wrote:

him maybe he has a suggestion that is better then throwing food over a fence Mug...she is already paying for the food why throw it.

If the dogs are starving, get them some food.  Difficult concept.

I dont live in Cuenca anymore. I moved since october. For two years I have been throwing food over fence, trought the fence, under the fence every day.

Now, Im unable to do it, since I live 5hours away.

I have call FUNDACION ARCA, explain the sitation, nothing have happened yet.

There is a lady who lives across the street. She said the owner of the dogs is mean to everyone in the neighboorhood. She said sometimes the dogs has not food for days.

I thought ask for help here (since there is many good gringos in Cuenca) could help.
I can explain how to find the dogs.

I offered money for the dogs, I had ask for the dogs, she does not want to give up. No idea why, is insane.

Come on people now!

Would the police be of any help? Where I live people are arrested for animal neglect or cruelty.
Sounds like she's a little bit nuts. Could she be hauled off and then someone could go in get the dogs.

PAE is an animal protection nonprofit in Ecuador. Use google and the logical search terms. Don't expect miracles. I see 20 dead dogs every time I drive from Quito to the coast. It's a cultural difference between Europe/N America and the rest of the world. Most of the world considers pets as disposable. At least ecuadorians are 100 times more humane than Koreans. Here, they don't torture the dog before they eat it just to "improve the flavor."

For real?

He spoke of South Korea, in the north they don't feed the dogs for 5 days and then throw someone into their cages as a form of execution.  Could even be the uncle of the Premier.

suefrankdahl wrote:

For real?

Yes.

Well, I just talk to the owner of the dogs.
She said she was asked to leave, so she need to do "something" with the dogs.

I offered money again and go back Cuenca to pick them up (two of them), she said she has to think about it and think if she want to sale the other 7 puppies.

I still wonder why in the world she still want to keep 9 dogs if she has no money to feed them.

Thank you for the idea about PAE, I found their website. I sent a "twit" to the Cuencas Municipality asking them to do something since there is a law against misstreat animals.

Hope something works. Im ready to go pick up the dogs at any moment.

jessekimmerling wrote:

PAE is an animal protection nonprofit in Ecuador. Use google and the logical search terms. Don't expect miracles. I see 20 dead dogs every time I drive from Quito to the coast. It's a cultural difference between Europe/N America and the rest of the world. Most of the world considers pets as disposable. At least ecuadorians are 100 times more humane than Koreans. Here, they don't torture the dog before they eat it just to "improve the flavor."

In the Philippines a neighbor dog killed one of our family's goats.  Most Filipinos claim they have dogs for security purposes, but it is doubtful the goat was killed attacking the owner's castle.  From what I have seen, the purpose of dogs in the Philippines is to bark until the roosters wake up, thus insuring that no one gets a good nights sleep.  To rectify the situation the dog was butchered and the two families had a goat and dog meal together.
Then there was the pet cat who killed a chicken.  The chicken was deemed edible, so the cat was shown mercy, merely had his front paws chopped off.  The cat now has some trouble getting around and has stopped climbing trees.  I let the cat lick out the remaining fish and juice in a can of tuna fish I opened, and was later told this was improper.  No one should feed people food to a cat when there are plenty of underfed people available.  Such is life in the third world.

Hello
The world was not built in one day, My family and I are moving in Ecuador "montanita in a year or so  and saw the dogs condition there .Ecuador is changing very rapidly , speaking with a lot of people there , they need some one to organised and help .   
So yes they have a different culture and way to think , IS hope . I can't wait to be there and start to take care the dogs situation
I will look PAE do you know for what it stand for? "PET A..  ECUADOR?"

Mugtech thank you for your intelligent growth experience regarding animals.  I will have to read it to the children at the orphanage in Ecuador so they know where not to go and what not to accept and why they are so distorted mentally.  It reminds me of India and the women attacked on the bus and they all of the watched "its the culture" what are you going to do? throw up and not accept it.  Maria Pia go get as many of the dogs this nut will give up and forget how some people are negative.  We need each person to care a little to change things a lot so go get the dogs it makes a difference Mugtech is old your young.

Diablesse wrote:

Hello
The world was not built in one day, My family and I are moving in Ecuador "montanita in a year or so  and saw the dogs condition there .Ecuador is changing very rapidly , speaking with a lot of people there , they need some one to organised and help .   
So yes they have a different culture and way to think , IS hope . I can't wait to be there and start to take care the dogs situation
I will look PAE do you know for what it stand for? "PET A..  ECUADOR?"

I think PAE stands for Protection Animals Ecuador, roughly translated, though in English the phrase structure reverses to Animal Protection Ecuador. I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again, since it's important. You can adopt pets from PAE. All animals are vaccinated, wormed, and fixed. They are either lost animals that no one claimed, strays, or animals that were dropped off by owners who could or didn't want to care for them. We got a purebred Turkish Van cat from them. We did have to treat him for a minor skin infection and deworm him again, but he's an awesome cat who probably got lost from a loving home and was never able to find his owners. He doesn't have the temperament of a stray or abused animal. Some animals you can save, and some you can't. There are a lot of animals in Ecuador that can't be saved. Seriously, cock fights are still common here.

Animal cruelty was legislated against, but it seems in practice cock fights are overlooked as being culturally imbedded.  A true shame.

hello
I know , thank you for the information I will check it out

Im agree with Mugtech in feeding people before animals. So, lets do it, come on now!
I go out with a back pack of dog food/cat food and also money for people in need.

If I find an animal in starvation, if the animal let me get close, I feed it and put some water. If not, I find a dry place to leave the food, so maybe when Im gone the animal may come and eat.
If someone ask me for money, I give. I buy a lunch. is not big deal.

There is so many people in need because of the selfinesh. because no many people dont want to help. They are in the confort zone.

We, as people we are responsible for pets, Because they are not wild anymore, they cant feed themselves by hunting. They cant get vaccineted by themselves. We take them home and then we decided they are useless.

People dont understand that if we dont teach the children be kind, speacially to the weak, we are going to create an horrible world. Selfinesh, hard hearth as rocks.
World s already violent. Why dont plant good seeds all around where we go? Even to the animals?

If there is a law or is not, should not be something that can stop the goodwill.

Hola como te encuentras en cuenca??

Actually, we have started it on a small scale here in Cuenca. There is a shelter no too far from my place, and we drop food on a weekly basis. Donate what monies we can collect for the vet/ med expenses. It is a small step. The conditions for unwanted animals here is dismal.
Of course, this owner is beyond helping. She is just a cruel individual. I know of no such agency as we have in the states, like the ASPA.
It's a sad reality in S. A
Neil

ZenSPIKE wrote:

Actually, we have started it on a small scale here in Cuenca. There is a shelter no too far from my place, and we drop food on a weekly basis. Donate what monies we can collect for the vet/ med expenses. It is a small step. The conditions for unwanted animals here is dismal.
Of course, this owner is beyond helping. She is just a cruel individual. I know of no such agency as we have in the states, like the ASPA.
It's a sad reality in S. A
Neil

Hey Neil, glad to hear you are starting on your humane society journey there.  Like any long trip, it begins with a single step.  Best of luck in your quest.

What happened to a woman who hanged a husky?

The Expat.com Home Office deleted thousands

of old posts and threads recently. Somehow,

this dog-danger thread still exists .. and I am

reviving it.

If the Home Office wants to delete the thread,

please retain the ensuing post(s) and designate

them under the new title Danger to Animals.

A Quito court has sentenced a woman who

hanged a Siberian husky .. to a three-year

prison sentence.

The unnamed woman admitted to putting a

rope noose around the dog's neck and killing the

animal by suspending it from a tree limb

in her yard in San Carlos del Sur.

The owners of the dog were apparently

away on vacation at the time that their pet --

two-year-old husky Spayk -- was executed.

Source... www.cuencahighlife.com

I'm glad this woman got 3 years in jail. I live near Latacunga and I witnessed exactly the same thing with my neighbour about 4 years ago. The woman hung a dog by its neck from the tree that was a border tree between my property and hers so I could not help but see it. It was one of the most horrific things I have seen anyone do. She thought nothing of it and at that time there was no easy way to address it.  The same woman also used to try to slow down her dogs by tying up one of their legs so it was a three-legged dog until the point where the one leg fell off. So yes serious response is needed to people who are this stupid and this cruel.