Urgent

Hello
i get a job as a general practitioner in hospital in male Maldives
the salary is about 1600 USD
the employer contract support the costs of accommodation , food , flight ticket , visa fee
for me only...it doesnt include them for my wife and  my baby..
i dont have alot of details ..
is it worth to get the job and bring my family for this mentioned salary..1600 USD
if i want to rent an apartment..
please i need a quick answer ..

From what I read usual payment per month is about $2000-2500 but that doesn't include accommodation. Food costs per person are about $300 per person, and about $400 rent, $200 for extras. Can I ask how you got the work?

My opinion below.

In Male Capital City Limits
2 room small decent apartment will be about $1,000/- a month
Food for 2+1 family will be about $ 800/- a month
Electricity, cable tv and water will be about$300/- to 400/- a month

In other islands:
2 room apartment $300/- to 400/-
Food for 2+1 family can be about $500/-
Utilities $ 300/-
No social life and limited facilities.

thank you
i register for the job from a web site called bayt.com
they answered me after 3 months from registering
that is all
please can you give me more information how does is cost to rent a 1-2 rooms apartment in male or another island near no male..and if i rent in another island how does it cost for transport..how long does it take to reach to the middle of  male ..is it easy to rent or it will take a long time ..can you give me  more information..and i will be grateful for you..

In MALE IT WILL BE ABOUT 500 to 1000 $ for 1 and 2 room for an average apartment

In Vili Male about 10 minutes ferry from Male terminal to terminal will be 300 to 600$

And in Hulhu Male which is about 20 minutes trombone terminal to terminal will be about 400 to 800$

Ferry charges will be around 0.70 to 1.00$ Each way.

there is a detailed post on cost of living by Moch. Please search in the Forum and you will find a detailed answer.

[Moderated: English please]