Seeking Advice - Job offer Myanmar

Hi,

I have been offered a job in Yangon. I am a Filipino. I would like to better understand as to whether the offer is a good deal at minimum standards.

Hi poorichard,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Can you please give us more details regarding your job offer so that the members can better guide you?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

I have done the visa formalities for quite a number of Filipinos.
What is the offer? 
Apart from salaray, they would need to provide moving expenses, visa services, accomodation, a mobile phone (at least for the next 6 months), and a car.

wat about salary ??

@poorichard
Need a lot more information before anyone can give you advice.
Salary   
Tax paid or not
Accommodation
Food allowance
Medical insurance 
Visa costs
Transport
Flights home and back

totally agree

Hi there,

Pls Make sure your new employer provide housing. Note that nothing works in Yangon if you are only spending less than 500 for your apartment. And medical evac plan or insurance that would come and pick you less than 24 hours notice.

If you have a policy/ medi vac fromt he US company, they may likely to refuse your claim. Please note that US sanction is still in place. Check out SDN list online.

Hi I am Jesie need your advice I am here in Manila, I have a teaching job offer in Yangon, I just want to know the process. Is it okay to go to Yangon as a tourist first? and have the business visa upon arrival? Is it safe for me? will the immigration in Myanmar will be strict about the visa thing?

Do Myanmar really don't issue a working visa instead a business visa to those who wish to work in   Yangon?

I appreciate your immediate response.

Thank you!

Jesie