Changing Employment contract to another company

Currently I am working in a firm in Oman as a Surveyor. Now I got an offer from another firm. Let me know is there any delay to come back to oman if I resigned from my current firm

arunvijayan11 wrote:

Currently I am working in a firm in Oman as a Surveyor. Now I got an offer from another firm. Let me know is there any delay to come back to oman if I resigned from my current firm

Make sure that the new company has clearance for your visa, otherwise you get stuck outside Oman while waiting for the new firm to apply for clearance which is 50/50, make sure not to commit this mistake.

If the new company has clearance, they need only 3-4 days t apply for your visa after you exit Oman and send them a copy of your cancelled visa (from the former company). I would suggest that after you exit the Oman immigration at the airport, take a shot of the cancelled visa from your passport and send to the new company thru watsapp or use wifi at the airport to access you email.

Make sure that your visa gets cancelled on your passport as there are cases that the PRO of the former company deliberately did not ask for cancellation to trouble the employee, and if that happens the new company can not apply for your new employment visa.

hello ... :top:

Thanks for the information dear

No more is changing jobs within Oman an option.

The government seems hellbent on drastically reducing the number of expatriate workforce in the country.

Read more about it on Sunday the 15th June's headline news in one of the local dailies http://etimesofoman.com/home.php?timeDate=15-06-2014

Good luck to all expats !