More Friends

Hi I am a self employed professional man living in Wellington but struggling to make more friends here. Isolation is my biggest problem here in NZ. I could really use some suggestions as to where and how to expand my circle of friends without going to the pubs or having exposure to people at work. :)

Hi hughwill,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe a few words about your hobbies and places of interest might help you create some contacts.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Good Day

We are a South African family living in South Africa.

I have heard that New Zealand is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with the most friendly people. :-)

We have been trying for years to emigrate but unfortunately can not find a job offer, if we do then we can apply for a work permit.  Do you perhaps know where we can look to find a job, I am a PA and my husband is a Procurement Manager. 

Thank you so much, Linsey

@ Linsey: It would be best if you could browse through the living in New Zealand guide :)

Try www.seek.co.nz  also an online search may come up with some jobsites too. You could also send out your CV to different companies to let them know you are looking to emigrate.

Have you considered Australia ??

Look at Meetup groups in your area. There are many different groups for different activities and interests.

[link moderated]

Good luck!

Hi Hugh will. I know it's a long time since you posted a blog,  but I thought I'd give it a try. I live on Kapiti coast about 1 hour from Wellington. maybe we could meet up for a cuppa
sometime? Look forward to hearing from you. Mo

Hello MoMokApitigal, I am moving to Paraparaumu beach next week. I am Vietnamese, 22yo girl, love travel and cook (eventhough 80% of times the food turn out very bad   :huh:  ) I have been in NZ for 4 months, dont have any friends yet  :sosad: Fancy for a drink someday?  :D

that would be good but as I don't drink I'd settle for a cuppa? am away down south till mid January. Plse contact me then. Thks Mo