Send Money from Australia to Phils

Hi, need advice on sending a significant amount of money to Phils from Australia. What is the best way? by bank or other ??? which is the best bank / other ? in Phils and in Australia to deal with,? best exchange rate? lowest fees ? minimal paperwork etc...... Basically the BEST deal for ME (not the sharks) !!!! thanks

Orbit Remit is really good but for it to go through you must process transaction before close of banking EST and it will be in nominated a/c late the following day. I have used them many times without problem.  Pays very good exchange rate which you can see before proceeding and only AU$8.00/trans. Can trans up to $50kl in one trans if you want. AU Banks are very much a rip off.   LBC will do it but costs more but will deliver same day.  Hope this helps you. They are on FB or just use Google search. They are a NZ company. Plus is all they require is Phil Bank A/c details not like the banks.  From memory if you want to send over $3,000.00 you must register your details which you can scan and send. WE used  my wifes Bank of Phil Islands a/c

Thanks ken for the advice. Orbit look good. Yep the Banks are a rip-off.

I got an international travel mastercard. You can get it from most banks in Australia (I got mine from suncorp) its made for travelling and you can transfer from your Australian bank account.
mastercard.com.au/prepaid-card/travel-money-card.html

thanks. my concern is weather the Banks(mastercard) give a competitive exchange rate ?

The Best Reliable Transfer and Rates that I found was "MFF" , Manila Freight Forwarders in Melbourne , Transfer to any bank in the Philippines , I use China Bank and Very Happy and it's easy to Join up with them .

Also I found a Visa card was much superior to have than a Mastercard as many banks Do not accept a Foreign Mastercard in the Philippines

transfer thru citibank or bpi... in USD and exchange it in block market not with the bank.

Before you use Banks find out what conversion they are paying.  Money transfer company like Orbit Remit & LBC are very good but on a big transaction can take up to a week. Much red tape on larger transactions .  For me i was not even charged the normal $10 fee.  But i had to show where the money was coming from as the Phil Gov is very strict on money laundring.  This only applies on large amounts. I am sure that no one else can transfer money from Australia as cheap.  I made a AU$80kl transaction in one. I had to supply proof of income by pay packet and latest AU bank statement. And the purpose for the transaction.Hope this helps.

but it would help you facilitate the transfer if you put up business in here. saves you the trouble :D

Let me know on the day and i will find the exchange rate from Orbit Remit as it varies daily.  But it will be lower than any Bank or credit card or any American company. Tex me on 0435214391 and i will get back to you. Work shift work so will have to be after work.

There are a lot of good banks in the Philippines. I use Metrobank for recieving money. BDO, PSBank, BPI are also very good. If you need to take a Morgage later I can recommend PSBank. Hazzle free.
Just open an account with your bank. You will need a couple of photos, copy of your passport and another government ID of some kind. Marriage certificate if you are married. Let the manager know that you intend to send money and where they come from. Concern about money laundering
You can open an account in several currencies. I might be able to open an account in Australian $(not sure) an the convert after your arrival. 

Philippines as well as other countries it is best to let the recieving bank do the conversion. When you get known in the bank they might give you a special rate upon request. I usually get + .3 peso  compared to the announced rate. They migh give it to you on a large amount from first time. But long term you must build up relationship

Knud

Hi, if you are looking for a money transfer to the philippines from Australia I would like to recommend to you the Peramax Online (peramaxonline.com/) they have office on Perth Australia. I know this is more affordable than the any other money transfer in Australia. I hope this one helped you!

I suggest the cheapest way to send money from Australia to Philippines is through Pinoy First. It will cost you $10 but will arrive 3 - 5 days.

Other options are:
MoneyGram
Ko-Kard
Phil Express
iRemit
FastRemit
Paypal

More money transfer options and its cost when sending money from Australia to the Philippines.

I used xoom for years and they were very good and $5 for a transaction. I sent money to my self and friends. But the last time they accused me of sending money for drugs or sex. I am 65 years old. I would never do that...never have. So I can never use them again.

aussie pete wrote:

thanks. my concern is weather the Banks(mastercard) give a competitive exchange rate ?

Banks  = Competitive ?? No.

I use currency online, no fees, and a good FX rate.

I've looked at the rest, which are OK for small transfers, but none could compete for larger A$10k+ transfers

I find I Remit to the Philippines safe and reliable and they give you the Forex daily rates Same day usually low as $7 per remit and straight into my BDO a/c

For larger amounts you must register with them and have to supply proof where your money is coming from  ps like your super.