Living cost in Riyadh with SAR 3000

I have been offer SAR 3000 with accommodation + Transport in Riyadh, Im married with no kids.

is it sufficient to live in riyadh. can someone breakdown the expenses for me?

chocheartus wrote:

I have been offer SAR 3000 with accommodation + Transport in Riyadh, Im married with no kids.

is it sufficient to live in riyadh. can someone breakdown the expenses for me?

Very fast reply: Absolutely NOT.

More info here: https://www.expat.com/forum/424-22-cost … iyadh.html

Well dude.I will not say "NO" for living in Riyadh with SAR.3000 you can easily survive but no lavishness or luxuries and also for sure you can not be able to live with your family.In 3000 with company accommodation and transportation you have only thing to spend is for your food and your daily usage like cell phone and internet or if you have any other.so for a single guy SAR 1500 are enough for one month with all food expenses , cell phone , internet expenses or day to day usage. BUT keep in mind i mentioned the above cost for not every day out eating .its all about cooking at your room and not spending unnecessary .So in that scenario SAR.1500 is enough for you . and you can save / send to your family remaining SAR.1500 to your home.  In last it all depends upon you how much and how you spend for some peoples 15000 is less for them self and for some 1500 are enough .

You can live with 3000 But with zero savings. Also depends on your living style. As for i have seen my driver living in company accommodation with his wife and 2 kids for 2800SAR and saving nothing.  His kids were also going to school, so he cant save anything. If your company can provide you accomodation, then you can easily save 1000-1500, if not then am sorry.

Thanks for your suggestions. and i forgot to mention that this salary is for the position "Account Manager" in a trading company. I have total experience of 3.5 years.

One more thing...can a female get a job in IT or software development? does females work there?

wtf, account manager with 3.5 years exp 3000 SAR? you might have got it wrong, may be it is 3000USD. Highly impossible for someone to work with this salary, coz starting salary is 10-15000 for 3.5 yrs exp as account manager. Plz check and reject this offer right away.

That's insane. 3000 SAR ? U will have to live in the poorest areas and forget using transportation just use ur feet. 3000/ 30 means 100 sar per day including food clothes phone electricity... don't think of it

@ammario, kindly check the problem is not 3000SAR, he is a account manager with 3.5 years experience. Do you think this job is giving him what he is capable of? Even my company driver get 2800 SAR a month. HE can easily get a job of 10-15K or may be 8-10K.

suribhai wrote:

@ammario, kindly check the problem is not 3000SAR, he is a account manager with 3.5 years experience. Do you think this job is giving him what he is capable of? Even my company driver get 2800 SAR a month. HE can easily get a job of 10-15K or may be 8-10K.

So true..

chocheartus wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions. and i forgot to mention that this salary is for the position "Account Manager" in a trading company. I have total experience of 3.5 years.

One more thing...can a female get a job in IT or software development? does females work there?

Friend..

It would be a no no for you... Accommodation would mean 3 Salaries.. which is basically what most of the companies do here.. A total of Sr. 9000 for accommodation is just pea nuts.. you'll have to lease out a room or so.. But since you are just single , you can manage with this.. If you have any plans of saving money and sending back home then you'll really need to sacrifice a lot..

In regards to female getting a job in IT or software development, It is a doubt.. unless you have a very good PR and you can get her hooked some where..

It's upon you to decide now.. Everyone has commented their thoughts on this issue..

All The Best !!

1) Is your employer offering you a 'marital status' contract giving you and your wife flights and medical insurance?
2) Is the accommodation being supplied, or they give you an allowance?

Some of the answers given above are a bit sketchy I'm afraid.

As a Pakistani, you and your wife can afford to live here on that wage, but don't go having any kids........

^ Yes, that's a good point.  Is the employer offering flights and medical insurance to both the employee and his wife?  Medical insurance is a must.

And by transport, does the OP mean transportation will be provided, or that a transportation allowance will be given?  Either way, he would have to budget for getting a car as well, because I doubt he will be getting a company car.

3,000 is sufficient to live, since accommodation is provided, but, just to live.  Don't expect much savings, and school fees will be difficult if you have a kid one day, unless you send him to the Pakistani school which is quite cheap, and cheap in quality as well.  And as I said, what about buying a car?

Thank you so much guys for your kind suggestions. Below are the questions I've asked , please see the answers and let me know.

When is the start date?                   Immediately
What will be the core hours?           8 hours per day, 6 days a week

Will the company help me with my moving expenses? (like air ticket for me and my family as I'm married
-No children), airline ticket for you. As to your family, it will be depending on your one year performance.

Will the company cover the medical insurance for the Family?

You are covered with medical insurance. As to your family, same situation as above. It depends on your performance.

will the company provide the air ticket for vacation leave?  Yes.

As I mentioned above that I'm married so will the company provide me the apartment and will it cover the utilities as well?

Company is giving room accommodation. As to your family, same condition as above. It depends on your performance.

"Depends on your performance"

So, they invent some arbitrary conditions where they can withhold all benefits from you leaving you in poverty?  What's to stop them, even if you work well, saying you didn't?  This is not a good deal.  You are getting a salary, not salary + commission.  It's a huge risk for you, and therefore unacceptable.  I think you had better point out that to have them make you move countries to work for them you need set terms in a contract which reduces the risk to you and your family unit.  If they won't budge, then move on.

After reading that, this is what I believe will happen:

They will bring you on a single contract, and put you in a room in an apartment, possible sharing the apartment with other singles.

You will keep toiling away, and I am quite sure you will be good at your job, but they will keep you on a single contract, and always shut you down one way or another when you bring up the issue of bringing your wife over.  This will continue for years, that's how it will be.  And they will also give you trouble if you want to move to another company.  Furthermore, once you accept 3,000, even if you get a job with another company, you will probably get less money than you should even if the other company normally pays well/fairly.

Run away from this job.  EVEN if they were giving you family status, 3,000 is an insult to you, to your profession, to your experience, and to everything that is holy.

Yes, I know you are Pakistani, and Pakistanis get paid less than many other nationalities for the same jobs in this country, but I see no reason why even as a Pakistani you can't get around 8,000 with the job title of "Account Manager", and at the very least 6,000.  Typical South Asian company drivers get 2-3k, and secretaries get 3-5k.  You get the picture?  This company you have been given a job by is run by bad--really bad--people, simple as that.

Keep applying for jobs

If you wanna suicide, you can accept the offer. Coz they will make you work with such low for 2 years. You might be taking a wrong step in accepting that offer. Even Pakistani with 1 year exp is pain 6000 SAR. Drivers are paid 2-3K. With that expense you would struggle for bringing ur wife and also would struggle with medical if she face any problem. As for the experience and manager status, they should provide you accommodation, flight for your wife and insurance. If not tell them to pay u more than 8K-10K

I've never seen such crappy terms & conditions in any employment contract. Stay away, I have the same feelings as  @Trapezius said above.

Hi Everyone,
I have got a job offer in Riyadh in Landmark Group. They are paying me 4000 SAR  per month without accommodation, meal and transport.I am a bachelor. Is this salary good enough for a bachelor... Can i expect some saving..

Secondly, since i have just completed my PGDM in Marketing Management, will i have opportunity to switch my job in future.
Kindly Reply
Regards,
Mail ID- [email protected]