Living on the beach-On 1300 dollars a month

Is it possable to live in a beach town on 1300 dollars a month?I am a sixy year old man not bad to look at,just trying to find a safe nice place to live on my S.S. checks once they start comming in.It would have to be a place where the rent was low and where they had good medacial if i ever needed it.

Thanks For Your Time
                       Bob

Hey

I was hoping to get the same answer. I would like to live in Phuket or Pattaya on an income of $3,000 USD a month.  Maybe you could share your replies and I will do the same.

Hi,

I think it's almost possible :
you can rent for instance this kind of villa in Phuket (5mn walk from the beach) for about 1300 USD:
untoitdanslemonde.com/fiche.php?prod_id=43
monblogdanslemonde.com/post/Louer-%C3%A0-Phuket

Or in the Philippines, Boracay :
untoitdanslemonde.com/fiche.php?prod_id=44

Prices are negociable, I think.

You can also buy this kind of villas in Phuket near the beach from 231,225 USD:
\untoitdanslemonde.com/fiche.php?prod_id=13
You can stay there as much as you want and have it rent when you are away.

Life costs (food, and current expenses) are about 3 to 4 time less in Thailand than in Europe or USA.

Alex,

And yes take a good international or expat health insurance.

(moderated: no ads)

Try the following from Amazon:

Retiring in Thailand, Revised Edition

How to Buy Land and Build a House in Thailand

Culture Shock! Thailand: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette

It is possible IF you can live as the locals do. You should also consider Nong Khai and Udon Thani and the answer is absolutely!

Good infrastructure, good transportation, good medical facilities, good size expat community and 1 hr flight to Bangkok or better yet take an overnight 1st class sleeper and enjoy life!

Good luck!

It is definitely possible, but you won't be living in the lap of luxury.

if I wanted to live in Hua Hin (in and upscale style) what would I need per month (either bhat of usd)

Are you looking to rent or purchase a home? If you rent, then obviously your monthly costs are higher.

say rent a serviced apartment...

@hawk24

Have you done an online search for a place to rent?  You should also consider hotels, guesthouses etc as they will give better rates for long term rentals.
Just type in 'real estate hua hin' into your search engine or 'serviced apartments hua hin' and see what comes up. It has been at least 10 years since I was last in Hua Hin so cannot give you up to date information.

Rolling, unless you have other funds 1300 USD a month will not be enough to qualify for visa each year.

hawk24 wrote:

if I wanted to live in Hua Hin (in and upscale style) what would I need per month (either bhat of usd)

Upscale is different for everyone but for 3000 USD you can afford something better than a 25 sq. meter room which someone trying to live on 1300 USD would need to rent.

In Pattaya I go through 65-70k a month and would not classify my life as upscale.   That amount covers my utilities, food and entertainment each month.  I own my condo so I have no monthly rent to pay.  In addition to monthly cost I pay health insurance, car insurance and holiday trips out of town.

I have an estimated income of over 6 figures a year... I don't want to own a home just yet... not sure if I will be there all the time... want to travel some besides putting my feet in the sand each day.  I would like a place where it is a gated community; golf nearby; tennis; near shopping and church; and the ability of being able to get a car & driver since I have no desire to drive in Thailand.
Friends I know who have visited have suggested Chiang Mai if I would like a change of seasons. They also thought the cost of living would be less than HH; no beach but they say, you have to give and take.
Thanks for taking the time to reply

Hua Hin is a nice town but cut in half by the very busy main road passing through. Also you cannot see the beach from the town. (although its only a short walk away).

You would find all those things you are looking for on the dark side in Pattaya. (Dark side is the nickname for East of Sukhumvit Road) though having your own transport would be definite +