New format of Expatblog is slow and complicated

Hello Expatblog team,
can you please shoft to the old vversion of expatblog? The new version is extremely slow, goes on loading and loading, resets very often,

I have almost stopped accessing the site, OTHERWISE SUCH A NICE PLACE, AND I ENJOYED THE INTERACTION HERE, I GOT VERY VERY HELPFUL INFORMATION, Pleeeese work on this issue and make it user friendly

SHinPJ

Sounds like your internet system slowing down. Have you tried using another internet service provider and see if this speeds things up. Band width is the important thing and I suspect you are at your limit at which the system slows right down.

Cannot see the moderators moving back to the old system.
This new version is very user friendly and a pleasure to use.

No i have exactly the same issues.

On my phone hopeless - now I cannot see messages neither can I edit or delete posts as no button to do it. It just goes crazy when downloading I need a copy of war and peace to read to pass the time!

On a desktop I cannot see my messages but can at least edit a post. Speed is ok on a desktop.

The most annoying thing is I cannot turn off the mobile version on my phone. How stupid!

Hello,

we haven't finished in optimizing everything but I can ensure that this version will be much faster than the previous one.

I might be a problem with your connection as well.

Nemodot > there is no mobile vs desktop version. It is the same coding (we've used a responsive design)

Take care,

Julien

I'm noticing that the slide bar on the right hand side where the social networking icons are located is very slow in loading now. This was OK when the new format was launched and since then I have got faster internet connection - so seems a bit strange.  Still the issue with getting back to the Forum after going off to a person's profile or sending a message. Another issue is that I went to the Malaysia jobs section to see what was available in a particular type of work and when I wanted to add another job to that section there is no logic in what your developer has done, as I had to start the posting from the beginning by selecting the category of job I wanted to post in.  This is very amateur software development, I am afraid as it is not intuitive.  I think you may need to get someone to do an assessment of the logic flows in the new system before the whole thing crashes. Another issue about the side slide bar is that the up arrow cannot be seen at all because of the use of black on dark grey. I think you really need to rethink the colour scheme.  Another issue is that the Expat.com logo only works when the 100% size is selected, even if I go to the 110% it becomes overly large and distorted for that 10% increase in size, especially the forum. The wrong resolution is being used for the logo (it is probably not taken from a piece of artwork, but from a pdf?) and so it looks very amateurish as well. I also notice that you have not fixed the issue that very long threads that are divided into a second or subsequent page, load at the first posting (which can be many years old) and a user still has to either scroll down or go to a subsequent page.  Frequently I don't notice there is more than one page, so waste time scrolling. I am sure I noticed in another version (test) that it worked differently i.e. the first posting was shown in a window but the posting was also where a person landed when they clicked on the heading in the list of topics.

Julien you just don't understand. Most websites give you the option to switch from mobile to desktop versions.

Try using the mobile version it is the worst piece of cr@p i ever came across in a long time! It needed to be tested. Don't use us as beta testers

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback: we really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
We will work on the issues mentioned.

The new version has of course been tested before being released on line: still, a few bugs may be noticed when using it and we thank you for reporting them as it will clearly help us to identify and correct them faster.
Do not hesitate to also share your suggestions as well on the Help us to improve the website forum.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best,

Julie

new format, we can't reply or message to the new people

hrm01718 wrote:

new format, we can't reply or message to the new people

Maybe you should check our rules before you complain about no being able to use the private message system. It has always been this way for new members. You have to PARTICIPATE in the forums before your private message privileges are fully activated.

Anti-spam system & new rules

Cheers,
James         Expat-blog Experts Team