Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo

To everyone, no matter where you are, no matter your connection to this country, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

My wish for everyone is to be surrounded by the people you love, to enjoy the company, eat drink  and be merry and above all STAY SAFE!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
:):):top::lol:;):par:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone from our home to yours.

Bob K

I wish you the same Planner and Bob as well, you both have been so helpful and giving of yourselves and tme.  Felíz Navidad to all y un prospero año nuevo :-)

Thanks!!!!  we do what we can to help.  Speaking for everyone here,  we love to share what we know, help people to live here and avoid the problems whenever possible!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!  Thanks for all the great encouraging information!

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Mery X'mas to Central America!! :D

Still gets hard seeing Christmas lights on palm trees.....

Bob K

Julien, thank you very much from all of us here in the Dominican Republic!

Bob its been quite different this year, not many lights at all.

Noticed that as well.  In our neighbor hood we were just commenting last night as there are NO lights on the houses this year.  What gives???
I will admit we did not put up any decorations this year either.

Bob K

Julien,
Happy Holidays to you as well.

Bob K

Bob: it is that most people are now paying for their electricity OR they are afraid to be too visible and therefor caught for NOT paying for their electricity!

Never thought of that but you may be right for many of them!  What a strange concept... "pay for the electricity you use".

Bob K

And of course they cannot afford the new LED lights here yet.  I bought some this year and got rid of the old one....Merry Christmas....

Hello again !!
Whew............this 'semi-retiring' is hard work LOL.............. too many parties and get-togethers.  Where does time go??

Anyway, can anyone enlighten us on New Years activities in Sosua and Cabarette?

We did find out that the resort in Sosua is having a New Years buffet, including champagne, live entertainment and fireworks for $2500 pesos...........

Does anyone know of anything else taking place??

David

Hey David.

Look at tropicacoco in CAbarete usually a very nice buffet and entertainment. Cost is usually around $1800 pesos a person.  Then after dinner walk out to the beach for the fireworks if you can stay up that late. This may be alink to it:
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201214738241722&set=gm.647136701999155&type=1&theater
Also Velero hotel in Cabarte.
In Sosua Bologna has a special evening planned

Hope this helps.

After the last couple of days I am having a hard time thinking of food.  Dinner tonight at another friends. Once again good food and way too much. 

Bob K

Bob we are all in jeopardy of putting on a bit of weight during the holidays.... More walks.  More dancing. More.... other stuff.... LOL

I was just thinking after another huge feed last night that a day or two of not eating before the New Year's Eve parties maybe in order.

Bob K

Dont worry about the weight guys, eat, drink, and be merry.  Massagewiz also does personal training, will whip you back into shape :-)

That is what I am afraid of :)
Have a great New Years

Bob K

Poor Bob,  we will know him  at our first meet and greet, he will be the one rolling towards us!!!!

Nope started the dreaded diet and exercise program this week!!!!

Bob K

Oh Bob, how will I ever recognize you now?????

Happy New Year to everyone.  I  wish you all peace, love and prosperity and...... of course..... lots of traveling!  Please be careful on the roads tonight and tomorrow!
:cool::cool::cool:

I'll be the skinny guy  with the smile on

Bob K

Thanks Planner back at ya!

Just found my bro is supposed to be getting married in June of this year.  A new friend from my daughters school is from the DR and has promised if I wait till June that I can stay with her family and friends a  guest. They will give me tours of the island as well...Sounds like June will be the month then!
Will keep you posted perhaps we will get to meet!

Sounds great!!!