Arriva leaving Malta.

yep, more people will be able to get the residential tariff, but the domestic tariff will remain

georgeingozo, I think too it will remain, but even using the 2 tier system for holiday homes is kind of discriminating. I don't have an e-resiedence card and therefore have to pay a higher rate. I've applied for the e-resiedence card, but I don't think I'll get in the next future. I believe a rental agreement should be sufficient enough in order to get the same rate. I live here and pay taxes as anybody else :). Anyway, I know this topic is about Ariva and there is another open topic about utilities. So, I'll officially close the utilities topic here :top:

you dont need an eResidence card to get the lower rates - a passport is now accepted, with a tenancy agreement. However, without your landlords permission you wont get it

ps when did you apply for your eResidence card, as they seem to be issued within a couple of months now

I applied in the beginning of November. Do you think it could be ready by now?

Do you know if the landlord have to go to the the Arms with me or is a written and signed landlords permission sufficient enough?

Thanks a lot!

georgeingozo wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Will Arriva pay to have them shipped off the Island or try to sell them to  a private contractor in Malta?

Terry

I dont believe they would be allowed back on the streets in Malta

I don't see how they could stop them. They conform with all EU legislation and the report on the fires found that it was not a fault with the buses.
They were not withdrawn because they were too big but it was an arbitrary decision by the government with no explanation of the reasons why and in fact withdrawing them  increased the problems of overcrowding and late running.

Terry

If they were able to stop Arriva operating them, surely they could stop anyone else ? I seem to remember the minister saying they would never be allowed back on the streets of Malta

maximusm03 wrote:

Do you know if the landlord have to go to the the Arms with me or is a written and signed landlords permission sufficient enough?

Thanks a lot!

its worth a phone call or email to customer care at MHAS - to see if they are done

y ou can do the application by email to arms customer care with scanned signed copies of all documents (id cards front and back of all reisdents incl landlord).....

upto 8 resident consumer can be allowed on the account

toonarmy9752 wrote:
maximusm03 wrote:

Thanks a lot!

its worth a phone call or email to customer care at MHAS - to see if they are done

y ou can do the application by email to arms customer care with scanned signed copies of all documents (id cards front and back of all reisdents incl landlord).....

upto 8 resident consumer can be allowed on the account

Not sure why but this topic seems to have drifted into  a topic about  residency?

Terry

theyre both a long journey........

Thanks for your response toonarmy9752! That helps a lot.

tearnet, you are right. Let's stick to the actual discussion about Arriva. I tried to stick to the Arriva topic, but couldnt resist to ask about the ID and utilities as it's kind of connected. But from now on.... Arriva only in this topic  :top:

toonarmy9752 wrote:

theyre both a long journey........

and neither journeys have finished yet or will for a long time I think!

absolutely agree altho they were saying the journeys were getting shorter but with latest news methinks the journeys are about to get longer again.- unlike the buses where the buses will get shorter....no more bendys

good morning everyone! i have a question regarding the bus routes and timetables now that  TM is taking over.. is there any RELIABLE site to check online routes, bus numbers and timetables?

Use the Arriva portal, it's still valid. http://www.arriva.com.mt/home?l=1

Also Google maps has interactive information on bus stops and routes etc. Click on the stop of your choice.

The sites may be RELIABLE but the service on Malta is not. (Unlike Gozo which is superb!)

From today's Sunday Times of Malta (page 12):
"The annual subsidy (for public transport) is set to rise by a further €6 million (coming from taxes paid by residents), following the scrapping of the two-tier pricing structure (…) and the introduction of new routes.
(...)
As a result, prospective bidders will be expecting a minimum of €15 million in annual subsidies,which could be partly offset by increasing bus fares."
Just for completeness of information on the two-tier pricing case.

good morning everyone! i saw the new timetables and suggested route on TM site but i hope the older members here can enlighten me.. if i move to buggiba/st paul's bay i will still be able to take one bus to sliema/gzira or i will have to change somewhere? and because i am not familiar with that area.. with the new routes will it take less time, cause if i remember correctly at least in the winter it took about 20' mins .. please help me decide where to move!! :))

I found the new timetables were not very informative. The ones I saw only gave frequency of buses but no specific times at particular bus stops. However, according to the new route maps and if I have interpreted correctly bus now due to run past our apartment!  :)

ive not looked at the new routes but cant imagine it involving a change (but who knows on this island)

as for the time - well i cant see that improving  at all.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

ive not looked at the new routes but cant imagine it involving a change (but who knows on this island)

as for the time - well i cant see that improving  at all.

This is the link for the new routes and old routes  so you can compare.....

http://www.transport.gov.mt/land-transp … eha-sliema

to be honest Red I dont and never will use them- after one bad experience and that was enough