Kite Surfing Vietnam (Mui Ne - Long Hai - Can Gio)

Hi!

I live in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC); I recently bought some kite surfing gears and I am looking for people who would be interested in coming to Mui Ne, Long Hai and Can Gio from time to time (week-ends)!

- Mui Ne from HCMC: either by bus (5 hours and a half), or by train (4 hours to Phan Thiet and then 30 minutes of Taxi), or by private bus if we are enough people (roughly 5 hours).

- Long Hai: either by private bus if we are enough people (two hours), or by speed boat up to Vung Tao (45 min) and then renting a motorbike (20 min) to reach the spot.

- Can Gio: I only did it by motorbike (roughly 2 hours)

Let me know if you are interested!

Cheers

Sylvain

Never kite surfed before but im interested in learning^^

There are quite a few kite-surfing schools in Mui Ne ; it costs around 350 dollars for a full course (roughly 5 to 7 hours with an instructor)

hi sylvain do you know any teacher in Vung Tau-Long Hai area?
thanks !
M

Hi Sylvain, it sounds great. I'm always interested in water sports and looking forward to trying sometimes. Let's stay in touch!

Hi everybody
I will be moving to HCMC in May and I love kitesurfing. I will be more than happy to connect to kitesurf lovers too.
Just let me know which is the nearest spot!!!!
Cannot wait

Diego

sylvainhs wrote:

Hi!

I live in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC); I recently bought some kite surfing gears and I am looking for people who would be interested in coming to Mui Ne, Long Hai and Can Gio from time to time (week-ends)!

- Mui Ne from HCMC: either by bus (5 hours and a half), or by train (4 hours to Phan Thiet and then 30 minutes of Taxi), or by private bus if we are enough people (roughly 5 hours).

- Long Hai: either by private bus if we are enough people (two hours), or by speed boat up to Vung Tao (45 min) and then renting a motorbike (20 min) to reach the spot.

- Can Gio: I only did it by motorbike (roughly 2 hours)

Let me know if you are interested!

Cheers

Sylvain

Hi Diego, Hi Sylvain,

I will be moving to HCMC next month and I would be in as well for some weekend kite trips.

Do you have some experience regarding the wind? The best season seems to be over after April, right?

Cheers,
Flo

Hi Sylvian and all,

I'm from singapore and I'm really interested in picking up kite surfing.

If there are any trips for kite surfing or even chilling out pls do let me know.

Hope to meet up with u guys.

Hello sylvain,

I see your post from half a year ago. I am a kitesurfer, have got my own gear, but haven't been out there since December. I'm definitely interested in weekend trips. Did you manage to get a list of names with interested people? Please send me a PM.

Anybody knows how the wind is like in long hai/vung tau/ ho tram area during the upcoming months?  The last few days it is pretty windy in HCMC.

Bye
Arnout

I have seen wind guru and Mui Ne looks pretty windy in these days! If anyone is going somewhere please let me know!!!!:)))))

Hi Guy,

I m beginner and I used to play at CanGio at weekend. I put my gears there so I can ride there by motorbike every weekend.

You may join at the spot with sign of restaurant Hong Quyen,  abt 300 m on the left when you reach the beach.

Call me at 0947604480

Glad to join with u guys
Huy

Great to hear from you Huy!
I am thinking to go to Mui Ne next week, I also have to buy a board from a friend....
Then if we want to organize to Can Gio I am more than happy to join...I have a bike too....just need to follow someone not to get lost!!!!:))))))))

Glad to hear from you too
This week is transition of wind direction. It is not strong enough to fly 12m -14m.

You may buy a board and wait til next week

It is fun as we may drive there by motorbike :)
Keep in touch.

Thanks
Huy

Hi Guys

I am based in HCMC, I head up to Mui Ne a lot, but would love to get in to Kiteing Can Gio between trips. It is easy to get down there on a bike. From what I have seen the beach is not the nicest and not many people around, so would be good to surf in a group.

My number is 01285 720 018

Let me know if anyone is interested in joining

Rufus

Hi Guys! I haven't connected for a while, sorry about that :-) The wind season is almost upon us!

There is 13 knots with gusts up to 23 knots this Sunday in Long Hai!

I created a group on Facebook called "Saigon Kite-surfers" and I think it would be easier to exchange messages there.
Don't hesitate to add me as a friend on Facebook (my full name is Sylvain Heber-Suffrin ) and I will add you to the group!

Cheers!

Sylvain

Done! I am going to Mui Ne tomorrow but happy to join when you are going somewhere!