Thinking of moving to Amman, Jordan

Hello everybody, my name is Adam Keresht.  I am from the United States of American (from New Jersey to more specific) and I am thinking of moving to Amman, Jordan.  I have visited the beautiful country many times and I fell in love with it.  What do you guys think?  I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks and best regards.

Hi Adam,

Welcome on board to this site and who knows ahlan wa sahlan fi urdun.

What is the reason to move to Jordan?
Only that you feld in love?
I think this is not enough :|

What do you have to offer?

I am thinking about moving, but I am not quite positive about it to be honest with you.  The reason why I am thinking of moving to Amman, Jordan is because I like the simpler, unhurried lifestyle, the lower cost of living and list can go on.  I want to be at peace and I can't seem to find it in the USA.  Could you please explain what you mean by what do I have to offer?

All the reasons that you mentioned I can agree with you but it is not enough.
That's why I asked you what do you have to offer, what will you do while you were here.

Can you make a living here?

That is the problem.  I don't know how to make a living there.  I have so much questions.  Like, what kind of job opportunities does the country of Jordan has to offers?  Are there any job opportunities?  How much would I need to ear to live a comfortable lifestyle?   And the list can go on and on.  I am currently working as an Estimator in a disaster restoration company.  I have there for over 7 years now.  I was recommended this job site bayt.com to search for job opportunities, but the majority of the jobs offered in Jordan are for people already living in the country :(

Part of the reason cost of living may seem lower is that people are paid a lot less.  Also, prices relative to income are actually higher in many cases than in the US.  There are many places in the US that are not as hurried as the East Coast.  You just have to be willing to figure out how to make your money in ways that are not location-based and then move to one of them.

Do you have relatives or friends here in Jordan who can help you?

You can take a look at the job section ass well and leave your CV behind, this can help you.
Try to search online for jobs or maybe the next time you visit Jordan go on job hunting.

Some ideas to think about.