Craft Brewing on the maltese Island

Hi all just to introduce ourselves, we have moved to malta a few weeks ago.

My husband Pete is a craft brewer and produces several kinds of Ales .  He has done this as a hobby for some time now and has decided to bring some of his creations to malta

During the month of February a number of  batches will be ready and we are looking to hold a tasting evening, So keep posted and i will let you know all the details as soon as we are ready.

Look forward to  meeting all ale drinkers both male and female ! who appreciate real ales.

Laura

Hi!
As old CAMRA members from Cornwall, UK we really look forward to this!
Missing our local brew Spingo at the Blue Anchor in Helston.
Please keep us posted!
Look forward to meeting you!
Mette & Paul, St. Paul's Bay

Hi Laura,

Could you make it after the 14th Feb as we arrive then :D

Ken

Hi all ,

Thank you for your replies, we have also been to a few Beer festivals in the UK and really enjoyed them,

We are just putting together a few reciepes and if you have any suggestions we would be most greatful.  Pete will be producing a hoppy IPA  but welcome to any suggestions.  We also miss the variety of ales in the UK, hence developing our brewing.

And yes it can be after the 14th feb.

Thank you
Laura

Hi does anyone know where we could buy grain for brewing apart from Farsons?

Laura

Hi Also does anyone know of any good venues we could hold a small tasting event in february near to the south of the island?

Laura

SNAP! -  have got a few brews ready and planning to launch in my brothers bar - Django in Valetta, do you want to exchange details and do a mini beer fest, sometime in the next few months?

Hi that sounds fantastic my husband  look forward to it, and meeting anytime, have you been here long?

Laura

Since March and loving it. I'll drop Peter an email now. Nice you meet you.

Fab have you got a wife kuds?? Wegave a 3 yr old daughter alqays nice to meet new people edpe with same interests

we desperately need some different brews here - a real ale would be superb - the nearest i can find to an ale is Farsons Lacto Milk Stout- Thanks Gng for that tip - a superb drink - i likes it

Glad you like the lacto :-)
. A bit low in alcohol but a brew farsons should promote. You can get many trappist beers in Malta now, and at fair prices, and Nigerian Guinness which is a superb beer,

H2only sell very decent bottled wheat beers for about 1.40 a bottle

handy to know

Fab have you got a wife kuds?? Wegave a 3 yr old daughter alqays nice to meet new people edpe with same interests

Yep, wife, 7 year old girl and a 5 year old boy, one dog, two cats, 2 turtles and tomorrow a partridge in a pear tree.  :)

Ha Ha thank you , just read my message back think i was a bit tipsy when i wrote that !!!  happy to meet up whenever, petes looking forward to meeting you soon,

Laura

Been a very long time since I made my own brew, both me and my wife (and friend) used to enjoy a many a good night sampling the delights of it.  May have to take it up again :)

As way of update.. Peter and I met up and are aiming at "exhibiting" at Django's at the end of March. I have also set up facebook.com/MaltaBrewers just in case you feel like adding to the brewing enthusiasm.

Love to hear from you.

I am moving to malta in march and I am a huge Real ale fan

Hi all

Been following this post with some interest as now about to move to Malta permanently (hopefully) and have been looking forward to trying these craft beers, something we kind of take for granted in the UK. I'm presently in Sicily having  travelled down through France and Italy in my car! I hope to arrive sometime in the next week or so and would certainly like to get  involved in some way, even if it just means drinking it! I really hope this is a goer... I'm not sure how long Cisk will keep me happy....I can never find the Hopleaf extra either whenever I've visited previously?

Thanks in advance, Darren

well we now have a craft brewery in Gozo