Discover the new Expat blog !

Dear members and friends,

As you have noticed, you now have access to a new version of Expat.com !

What's new?

1. We are going mobile

https://www.expat.com/tmp/teasing/teasing1.png

You can connect to https://www.expat.com wherever you are. Expat.com is now optimized for smartphones, tablets, regular and large screens.

2. It's faster

It is faster to load a page hence you can navigate through the pages more quickly.

3. It's modern

Expat.com has a new look! We have opted for a flat design. Flat design is a minimalistic design approach that emphasizes usability and is the trend in terms of graphic design).

4. Themes and associated content

To help find the information you are looking for, you can now easily access to content related to a topic. For example if you are looking a discussion on employment, you can see all the contents pertaining to employment in the column/Tab your right

5. Easier to interact and participate

It is easier to post comments, like & recommend contents.

6. Brand new search engine

It is now easier to find info. If you are on the Canada page and type ‘bicycle ‘in the search tab, all results would be restricted to Canada.

7. The most active members get easily recognized. Because you deserve it!

8. Content subscription

You can now subscribe to different sections such as forum, classifieds (soon), etc. to know what's new.

9. Tutorials

For new member who need help, the tutorial will guide him/her through (for example to post a message).

10. Timelines

We are introducing the profile timeline and the destination timeline

On the member profile timeline,  you can see all the actions you have undertaken.

On the destination timeline, you can see all recent actions for a specific destination.

We would be please to get your feedback and first impressions. Should you have any suggestions or comment, we invite you to inform us in the dedicated threads created on the Help us improve the website forum.

The team and I sincerely hope you will appreciate the new Expat.com !

Many thanks,

Julien

Nice, looking forward to learn the new concept.

i like it! it's more organized than the last one :D

still exploring new features and new look !
Is has a more "android alike" look.

There is no app in iStore. Just a mobile site. But it looks good.

Nice. Good job.Congratulations

Even Mr. Grumpy here is warming to the new version.

Perhaps I might suggest one thing....

On the mobile version, areas have a drop down to select the country you want; perhaps that would tidy up the directory page on the desktop version.

@ mas fred: Please feel free to post your suggestion on the forum Help us improve the website :)

I don't like I and the old one worked fine on my mobile. Things like having to look where messages are is now annoying. before I could see if I had a message. Now I can't

Nemodot > have you seen the nav button (with 3 white stripes) on the left of the logo ? (on your mobile)

Great to see this blog. i'm waiting to learn the theme...:)

Very nice..

:) Love this new look ....

can one still see user profile complete friends list ?

paulopereirra wrote:

can one still see user profile complete friends list ?

no ;)

Great

I stil feel it is slow

very easy to search in and more sphosticated well done.

Expat-Blog - Please build in the means to connect with Facebook Friends and Twitter followers.

It is very good and user friendly. Also can update to avoid Spam users and enhance the privacy one step ahead which is currently on practice.

i have no smartphone,nor any good phone. ha ha ha!
i mean i love expat whatever form it has. cos i have been asked to a free dinner from a member. and of course not only because of that. but THAT matters more cos without money one can go nowhere. not even internet. fortunately athens has some free internet spots and i a laptop. kiss

It looks good, but I would be curious to learn about why it was done? Was it for 2014 or did users asked for it?

If I may answer you,  I  believe the main reason was to catch  up with the technology shifts to tablets and smartphones.  In order to be viewed properly  on other devices a major rewrite was needed!

Julien if I missed something jump right in.....LOL

Its look better than last one.

how to i get connected to my friends now through mobile, facebook  and whattsapp?

noorudp wrote:

It looks good, but I would be curious to learn about why it was done? Was it for 2014 or did users asked for it?

Hello Noor,  :)
As someone who is not in the company's management, not a shareholder, and just an expat, me thinks the web site upgrade has been done:
1). to keep up with the times,
2). because web sites by definition are a work in progress,
3). to beat competition and to remind them who is the best,  :cool:
4). and last but not least because the winners at the game of life love to do things just for the sake of doing them.  :top:

It's nice...

Is it possible to download in a Tablet as a form of Software FB

Great news! Seems much easier to use now, and "prettier"... I'll be logging in much more often now... Thanks for the update!

It all looks good to me - I've never had any problems using this site and I love the suitcase logos that you can download and add to your blog. The forums are helpful and one of my resolutions this year is to try to be more active on them. I don't always know the answers but I try! Happy 2014 to you all! Lottie

Thats Great!!

The new looks quite cool! So this is more responsive theme.

Its much better then the previous version

Awesome I thought Julian was a girl

:dumbom:

syedkamran84 wrote:

Awesome I thought Julian was a girl

Love the smilies!!!!

Nice job looking much better need ios app

this is totally advance and wonderful. more grease to your elbow

It's still slow/unusable with big posts. And I can't see if I have messages on the mobile version - although an edit button has appeared now. When will the message problem be fixed?

@ Nemodot: Can you please post your question on the forum Help us improve the website: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=11 ?

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR