Moving to Dallas - Help Needed

Hello Everyone,

I would love to get some feedback. My husband has been offered a job DFW International airport to start in 2014.
We are a family with two grade 8 children. I would like to get your opinion on the below questions as we have never lived in the USA.

1. My children have been in the British school system, will the transition into the US school system be easy?
2. Which area would be the best area to buy a home in that would be ease for my husband to get to work at the airport and that has good public middle & high schools.

Is there relocation companies that assist new arrivals, or do real estate companies provide this assistants?

Thank you for all your help.

Hello,

My advice to you is not to buy a home until you actually spend time in Dallas. It is a large city and buying a house obviously is not temporary. You can find an apartment that rents monthly but it will be a bit higher. Or rent on a 6 month lease.

Rentals.com
Rent.com
apartmentfinder.com

Once you arrive hook up with a real estate agent. That is your best bet. Remax, Century21, etc.

If your kids are in the UK now, attending school in the UK it won't be a difficult transition at all. They may take a placement test but not necessarily.

Matt-

Thanks, Matt

DFW airport is only 20 minutes from a family community in Flower Mound.
We moved to Flower Mound due to travel.  The community is a great place.
Grapevine is very close to the airport.  [Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

I am new to the forum, I am living in the DFW area, lived all over the world, so you probably are here already and gotten some help, but if you need to ask other questions, Please do not hesitate.

Marco
Fort Worth, Texas

dannitatti wrote:

1. My children have been in the British school system, will the transition into the US school system be easy?

Just remember what GB Shaw said about the USA and Britain:  Two countries divided by the same language

Hello Marco. Am Becky from Nigeria and am planning of coming to Texas with my husband in 4 months time. I just want to get acquainted to you. This is my number +2348075485366 so that we can communicate on whatsapp or becky4 as my Skype account. Looking forward for your reply.

Hello Danni, I hope you're doing great! If you've managed to get a home in this area, I suggest you check Premium Residential Remodeling to suit your remoldation needs. They changed both of my old bathrooms to truly fresh and beautiful rooms in my house. Check their website: premiumresidentialremodeling.com