Social security verification

Exactly which social security benefit document must I provide to prove suficient income for my pensioner visa and who has to apostille it?  Since it is a federal document it would seem the US State Department would have to do the apostille but I can't find any mention of such a service on google.

So, how did you guys jump this particular hurdle?

Howard,
You can just sign in to the SS site, and download the form there, and print a copy. You will need to get it notarized to get it apostilled, as there is no stamp on it. I was questioned by my notary, but after I explained the purpose, she did it. You can then get the apostil for it.
Hope this cuts down on some of your red tape.
Regards,
Neil
Ps. there is a topic on the site that says; Proof of Income

Thanks again.  You ought to publish an ebook on the topic of beating the bureaucracy.

Did you get a fed apostille or a state?

State. Just went  to my Attorney General office, all doc, out the door in half an hour.

Sure. I'd get sued for sure! < grin >
I think you'll find that everyone that has gone through the process here is more than happy to help. I just happened to post first. I'm trying to catch up with Nard's post count.
Ain't gonna happen.
Good Luck
Neil

Ok.  I'll head for Tallahassee.  It's been a good day, Navy just clobbered Army.

I've got all the document/apostille thing figured out except still for the Social Security proof of income.  So is this right?

1) get copy of SSA benefit letter
2) sign it in front of a notary and get it notarized
3) send it to Secretary of State of Florida (where I live) to get it apostilled
4) send the SSA letter and apostille package to an Ecuadorian Consulate with $40 to get it certified

What has to be in English and what in Spanish?  And, the Florida Sec of State web site says they won't apostille any fed document - which the SSA letter is.

This thing is driving me nuts.

Howard,
The steps you listed are exactly what I did. I was told at the time ( June,2013 ) that the only doc I was required to have translated in the states at the consulate,  was the proof of income. All the other docs I had translated in Ecuador.
Good Luck
Neil