Living in Hamilton, ON, Canada

I moved to Hamilton 3 years ago. When I first got here it costed me some work to learn english and start making friends.

Right now, things are a bit better. I have a lot of friends from work and I keep on meeting people everyday, however I still don't have someone who I can actually call my friend.

It's been a long process in order to adjust to a new life here and even though Canadians are pretty good when it comes to people moving here, the culture-clash is pretty impactful and it takes some time to get used to the "North-American Culture".

I wish there was more people like me out there to connect and start long-lasting friendships.

I wonder, how many of you actually wish there was more people around you that shared the expat feeling??

Sometimes is really depressing to move overseas (especially when you don't have any family with you). I wonder how many people there is out there reading this forum..

Have a good night everyone!

Hello, I hope that you have now good friends around you!!
You are in a beautiful country... I have never been to Canada but met lots of candians here in Europe. I would like to go to Canada one day maybe!!!
I think since last summer I have not checked the Expat.com ...
and not written a single line since my first week of registration.

Have also a good night!

I have been in Canada 3 years and find it hard to make close friends w/ Canadians (at least the British types) They are quite polite but distant and aloof and kind of severe and serious people. They wear black a lot!! boring and conformist and that is depressing in itself.  I have patronized a few local shops and a pub and been in many times. The owner never express any gratitude in seeing you again or  asking anything personal even though you are a steady customer putting money into there till.Very different from other cultures I have experienced They are a bit stiff and dreary in their demeanor if you ask me. I was born here but grew up in States and have been to Caribean,Mex, Europe