What's the cheapest way to buy plane tickets ?

I recently had a wee break in Italy and bought all my flights online ( Al Af internal and external ) everthing went fine with E tickets ( a few locals told me it wouldn't ) but would it be cheaper buying them cash in the agents at the airport or in a city ? TIA

LibyanJag wrote:

I recently had a wee break in Italy and bought all my flights online ( Al Af internal and external ) everthing went fine with E tickets ( a few locals told me it wouldn't ) but would it be cheaper buying them cash in the agents at the airport or in a city ? TIA

Alright mate ?, you are cheaper going into the airline office itself and buying them there, Air Malta, Italian Airways etc, don't know if you have the offices in 'the sticks :) but most are represented here in Tripoli.

cheers clansman - probably worth the drive into Benghazi to check out the prices then.

How much is a flight from Libya to Italy and to Malta?! Is there any good site where I can see it?

Not sure about Italy, but Air Malta do some cracking flight/hotel deals which are only available thru the airline office in Burg Al Fateh. Peak season last year, 3 nights in the 5* Intercontinental in Paceville cost around 800 Lyd for the both of us. What we saved got pi$$ed down the pan :lol:

LeBravo wrote:

How much is a flight from Libya to Italy and to Malta?! Is there any good site where I can see it?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32275

There is a search box on the top left.

Sorry Gabacho... and thanks for the info Sandman6.

I checked the Afriqiyah, Lybian Airlines and Tunisair websites... and them all couldnt find a flight from Tripoli to Malta, so I didnt know the price, but now I know.

LeBravo wrote:

Sorry Gabacho... and thanks for the info Sandman6.

I checked the Afriqiyah, Lybian Airlines and Tunisair websites... and them all couldnt find a flight from Tripoli to Malta, so I didnt know the price, but now I know.

The Tunisair site should tell you the price online as you are selecting your flights (or just after).  I don't think Afriqiyah fly to Malta, just Libyan Airlines (though they are closely affiliated).  The Libyan Airlines site has been inoperative as long as I can remember.

I often phone or go to a travel agent to find out prices and book tickets because of the problem you just mentioned.  You could try emailing a Libyan travel agent and asking them for a quote if you need more information.