Motos.. general info?

Hi everyone. I am seeking basic needs info about Guate and wonder if as is the case elsewhere in latin am people can purchase a moto and drive it away, with placas, marchamo etc.. are there dealers in GC or anywhere that do this, how hard for a non resident?
I heard the security concerns created a need for the law to one person per moto and placa numbers pasted on back of the reflective vests. thanks in advance pleasant wishes all around.

I know they are not strict about one person per motorcycle because motorcycles keep whizzing around the streets in Guatemala City even in front of indifferent police officers who do nothing about it.  But you do have to purchase one of those official orange vests at the local DMV. About paperwork for motorcycles I don't really know, but there are several agencies around the city, some in zona 10, which is a pretty safe area, and you can ask them.  There is a scooter agency on Avenida La Reforma in zone 10. Between the US Embassy and 12 calle, but not exactly sure of the street.

PS: I meant to say that motorcycles with TWO or more occupants whiz around the city, undisturbed.  Or robbing drivers stuck in traffic, too.  But that happens much more on Roosevelt highway.

Thanks Ms Trudy as you describe agencies I wonder if they are they a small mom/pop moto or somewhat like dealerships as in panama or costa rica. yamaha, honda freedom, united. et all. In the aforementioned places the paperwork is done as a matter of convenience and to "make the sale" I guess. Thanks for your help with what you have written!

There are all kinds. In zona 10 they are bigger agencies.  One is on Proceres almost in front of Cemaco, a large dealership. And the other one is smaller and I think just scooters, on Reforma.  In zona 9, just right past the Torre Reformador tower, going north on 7 avenue, there are several mom and pop type motorcycle stores one right after the other, that seem to sell them used.  No idea about paperwork, though.  Sorry!

Going north on 7th avenue, these small stores would be to your left.

Thanks so much again, Miss T very nice response great help !