Why its hard to make friends in france?

since i been ere tow monthes ago and its very difficult to make any kind of friendship which is hard to beleive that am in france.people here close on them selfs very much not easy to have normal converstaion with them.maybe am wrong but i just tell whats happening here.any explaination plz?

French people seem to be very closed. They are not so open like Americans for example, or Germans. Once you know a French person personnally, you will see they are very nice! It's just a bit more difficult to get into contact. A main reason is already the language problem. French people do not speak other languages easily, actually like English speaking people. Sometimes it helps already when people speak already a few words of French. I think you should find out in the internet, where people meet, where to go out. Younger people are sometimes easier to meet. I am living in France for 26 years now and I love it. I have the French nationality now.

welcome! we've also noticed (and also from speaking to other French friends that have moved to the states) that when it comes to 'friends' you acquire your friends either through school or work. People are civil to each other but don't go out of their way to help others. Their attitude is 'you are on your own'. I can help you today but who will help you tomorrow?

yes, once you have French friends it's great but most will stick with who they know. We've noticed also that the French that have traveled out of France tend to be more outgoing and adventurous than those that have never traveled.

cheers,

Myra

In terms of friendship, the French simply suck! I have only two female friends and used to have one male friend until he was not even there for me when i was in hospital after knowing him for twenty years. But to their defense, i have to say that the very few you can make will usually be very reliable and trust worthy even hard times. Actually, this is when the French give the best of themselves, when you're in deep shit but you have to have known them for a very long time. It seems that past the age of 30, forget about making new friends. But on a daily basis they are very unfriendly and there is no such thing as female bonding.

yes i do agree with all of you and the situation for me really not ok with the local people here

You are totally right! They will never be there for you when you are in the hard time. They are only with you for good times, drinking, talking, laughing, not for helping. My French friend for long time is like that. Now I don't  put my effort to making friends with them anymore. I don't think that I have to have French friends in France, there are many nice people from other countries, we chose good people as friends not because we have to choose French