Hire a car on monthly basis

Hi, I am coming on business visit visa it seems you can buy car during visit.

Can we rent it on monthly basis ? what is the charges for doing that ? and good companies in riyadh.

2nd For Bank accounts You must need a IQAMA or for European citizens is there any bank which can open the account without Iqama ?

/Zee

Rent a car from Hertz at the airport from 100 SAR/day, bring an international driving licence and a credit card.
No bank account without an Iqama

For a car costing SR. 100 per day, monthly rentals are usually SR. 2300 to 2,500.  You will get a Toyota Yaria or Hyundai Accent for that money.  For a Corolla or an Elantra, it will be about 20% more.

And yes, bring an IDP (International Drivers Permit), otherwise you can't rent.

IDP? so a driving license from my country won't be considered at Hertz? it has some french words like Permis de condure.. :)

Thanks a lot for reply

/Zee

Hello

I will like to re activate this post, I will be moving with a visit visa to the Kingdom, the company that hired me told me that they will try to get my iqama or permanent visa ASAP, meanwhile I will not be able to drive the company's car, because I will not have my DL.

How much is the actual monthly payment to rent a car? I will bring an IDL from my country, has the company be responsible for paying the rent of the car? Or I will have to absorb that expense?

I think it is cheaper to buy a Car than rent one, is that correct? How long can it take for me to get my Saudi DL?

Kind regards,

rdmedranoo wrote:

Hello
How much is the actual monthly payment to rent a car? I will bring an IDL from my country, has the company be responsible for paying the rent of the car? Or I will have to absorb that expense?

I think it is cheaper to buy a Car than rent one, is that correct? How long can it take for me to get my Saudi DL?

Hi, the monthly payment to rent a car will depend on the car, that start would be around 75 SAR without insurance and 110 SAR with insurance. Total for a month will be in the range of 2100-2500 SAR(minimum). Now whether you have to bear these expenses or your company depends on the transportation clause on your contract doc. Read it.
In long run its cheaper to buy a car, but in short term it's easy to have a rent a car and it saves you from various headaches, such as maintenance etc.

saimans wrote:
rdmedranoo wrote:

Hello

Hi, the monthly payment to rent a car will depend on the car, that start would be around 75 SAR without insurance and 110 SAR with insurance. Total for a month will be in the range of 2100-2500 SAR(minimum). Now whether you have to bear these expenses or your company depends on the transportation clause on your contract doc. Read it.
In long run its cheaper to buy a car, but in short term it's easy to have a rent a car and it saves you from various headaches, such as maintenance etc.

Thank you very much for your reply, but can I buy a car without Iqama and Saudi DL? The transportation clause saids: 1000SAR pero Calendar month or company provided.

How much can I expect for maintenance for a Saloon or SUV car? I will be arriving withba Visit Visa and later on I will have it convert to an Iqama.

What other options may I have?