Where can I learning arabic in Bahrein?

Hello,

I can speake a little arabic but I would like to improve my Arabic knowledges. Do you know schools or institutions in Bahrein- Manama- to study arabic ?
An other question : do you know some associations for disabled people because I like to collaborate with them as a volunter. Thanks

If you like to learn Modern Standard Arabic - reading, writing, and speaking - I will recommend the Arabic School at Discover Islam Centre. Telephone 17537373. Charges are also reasonable. They have classes from beginner to advanced levels. I attended these classes and found it very useful.

If you only wish to learn spoken Arabic, then I am yet to find any one good, though I understand Berlitz does a reasonably good job. It is a bit pricey though.

There are a number of societies in Bahrain that you could volunteer with. They work with people with different abilities and special needs. A good link to the list of charities and societies in Bahrain is here: http://charitytree.me/charities

Best wishes.

There was a topic before Arabic lessons and some members of this forum got Arabic lessons from a person I recommended earlier. Visit Arabic Lessons topic to find out more.

Berlitz language school is excellent. They teach by conversation to begin with and then progress to reading and writing later on. The lessons are well structured and not pricey at all unless you want private lessons. Even semi private lessons of 2 plus people are not expensive. You are given DVD's, CD's, books and lots of other tools to help you learn the language easily. They are based in Adliya (by the British Club) and just off Budaiya Highway near MedCafe. (Budaiya is the only one that teaches kids)

If you are conscious of the price, I would recommend going one-to-one with an educated local. They are willing to give lessons to people for a couple of BD and can come and meet you wherever you are. However, the schools also have advantages as you will be learning the language with a group.

To be honest, I was not too impressed with that teacher, brightonguy. He would turn up completely unprepared and make up the "lesson" as we go on.  He is probably alright for "social" classes but certainly not able to do structured classes. Not sure what the others feel.

Farhaz wrote:

To be honest, I was not too impressed with that teacher, brightonguy. He would turn up completely unprepared and make up the "lesson" as we go on.  He is probably alright for "social" classes but certainly not able to do structured classes. Not sure what the others feel.

Total agree.

Couldn't hear a word he said, he spoke way too fast, Didn't bring whiteboard or materials. Certainly would NOT recommend him. Really nice guy, but not a teacher. None of us completed the course and it cost a lot of money (which I still have to pay back to Farhaz)

I used to be teacher for kids long time ago it is not easy thing to teach new language , but the way is to have some local friends to practice with.

Josnuggles wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Total agree.

Couldn't hear a word he said, he spoke way too fast, Didn't bring whiteboard or materials. Certainly would NOT recommend him. Really nice guy, but not a teacher. None of us completed the course and it cost a lot of money (which I still have to pay back to Farhaz)

Surprised to hear this, knowing you guys continued to take a lesson from him for weeks. I thought he is one of the cheapest guys you can find in Bahrain. If you are saying a few BDs an hour per person is too much, then I don't know what to say.

My issues are not with the BDs - I found his lessons were unprepared and not structured properly. As I said he is ok for "social" settings but not for serious learning.

I attended four classes. It became weeks since there were a few cancellations and changes along the way.

egarti wrote:

I used to be teacher for kids long time ago it is not easy thing to teach new language , but the way is to have some local friends to practice with.

Agreed.

Teaching a new language is not the easiest of things. And being able to practice with native speakers is a good way to gain proficiency.

Just adding my comments.

In my opinion, it totally depends on what you are looking for from the lessons.  The lessons we took were sold to us on the basis that it was also about culture etc.  If you want intense Arabic then I agree you need to go to one of the schools where you will pay top dollar.

Less than 5bd an hour in my opinion is not expensive!  And to be fair the reason the course was not finished was not the teacher's fault but ours because life and car accidents got in the way.

I really enjoyed mine :)

I want to learn Arabic.Please suggest me a good teacher, reasonable and time adjustable

For a better response, please post on mums in bahrain facebook page.

I started learning with a good teacher. I highly recommend him. Check out his website ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Johnny453,

Thank you for the recommendation, hope your lessons are going good.

Just moved to Bahrain and quite interested in learning basic Arabic speaking, appreciate if you can share his contact no as could not trace it on his website.