Do you want to go sailing in Latvia / Baltic

Every year I try to have up to 10 days sailing from Ventspils across to Gotland then to Swedish Islands .. or Saaremaa and onto islands in Riga Bay.

I'm offering to 1 or 2 people opportunity to enjoy up to 10 days (I plan over first two weeks of August - allows time for weather) .. sailing across Baltic to Sweden on my 8m Motor Sailer. You do not need to be yachting person - boat is suitable for single-hand operation. A keen attitude and humour is asked ! I like to enjoy my sailing and it's not a race boat !!
If you smoke .. NO problem .. doesn't bother me at all.

All I ask as well as the keen attitude and sense of humour is to split the costs .. fuel / food + any mooring costs we might have ... actually not a big sum at all !

My boat sits afloat on private mooring behind my house in Ventspils ... so only job is to load ourselves, stores including the Beer !, drop mast ... under bridges .. mast back up and go !

Here's a good slideshow of what you can expect :

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/smallb … Aug%202007

Anyone interested for August 2014 or even any short river trips at other times .. email at :

[email protected]

This is a private non-commercial offer and has no strings attached at all !!

Cheers
Nigel
20 years Expat Brit in Baltic ...

Sounds very interesting!!

Your gallery is private, sadly. Can you make that public, I'd definitely love to have a look.

Done....

Looks very nice indeed.

I'll need to have a word with my ladyfriend about this :)

Sure...... no prob....

The initial idea was to continue previous years schedule of around the first 2 weeks of August ... but due to other commitments in 2014 ... I am bring it forward to last 2 weeks of June.
This will mean similar weather patterns and hopefully bright sunny days to enjoy the trip.

Once I have things confirmed - I will update the thread with latest details ...

Nigel
Ventspils