Jobs in keflavik

Hi,

I'm so glad to find this forum and get a chance to ask if anyone here know how to get a job in keflavik.
I've been living here about 9 months, and i already get my permanent resident card, even though, i haven't speak Icelandic yet, i'm really eager to go back to work.
I have experienced working in hotel business.

The post that i find here is in reykjavik, which is far from where i live currently. Can anyone help?
thanks!

getting a job in Keflavík isn't that different from getting a job anywhere in Iceland. Footwork is generally more successful than answering ads.

There are several hotels in Keflavík that cater to all the people flying in and out, so why not try going to all of them and asking if they need help? Prepare some copies of your CV to hand out.

also, someone asked earlier about working at the airport itself, which is a huge employer. Check here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=273020

also, Keilir has been expanding a lot since the US base closed down. Maybe they're hiring.

http://en.keilir.net/

In short, finding a job in Iceland is a chance to think creatively. Tell everyone you know or meet that you're looking for a job. You never know who might have the perfect one for you.

Thank you so much, ECS :) really appreciate for the reply. I've checked isavia before, but for now, they only hired those who speak Icelandic and understand Icelandic.
Guess that i have to spread the words out now. The language boundaries and less of connection since my fellow friends live in reykjavik, seems to be one of my difficulty, so much to learn to survived here in keflavik.. (as they say ;))

I'm just curious now- how did you get perm residency without speaking the language? When I got my perm res card I had to pass an Icelandic test that covered listening, writing, and speaking. Without the test I had to have a certain number of class hours.

I am married to an Icelandic :) we're married here in Iceland and then apply for my kenitala. within around 2-3 months, i got mine and also tax card.