Field Hockey for Juniors

I will be relocating to Stavanger from the Netherlands in the New Year for work related reasons.
The thing I will miss the most during my time in Norway is Field Hockey.
I have been a successful youth Coach/Trainer at the top regional level in NL for the past 5 years.
To that end I am asking if anyone maybe interested in a field hockey school for their children?
Training will focus on basic skills, knowledge and enjoyment of this amazing game.
Initially I am hoping for a group of children that are between the ages of 6 - 8 because I can bring hockey sticks with me at no cost.
If older children with field hockey knowledge are interested then I would gladly welcome them as assistant trainers with the goal of achieving a certification as a Youth Hockey Trainer.
Its a very 'draft' idea and ... yes of course ... a training venue will have to be found but if there is an interest then I will go for it!

Hi!

I was very excited to see your post.  My family is moving to Stavanger in January from Australia and my son (11) is also a little disappointed at the 'lack' of field hockey in Norway. I am sure he would like to be involved in any way possible.  We also have a daughter who is keen to play (she is 6 years old) We would be very interested to participate/contribute to anything field hockey in Stavanger!

What a wonderful and unexpected reaction.

The International School in Stavanger provides field hockey lessons as a part of the sport curriculem but I wonder to what level?
No disrespect but there is hockey training at school level and then there is hockey training beyond!
No matter ... If I can get a group of 6 - 8 year olds as a basis .. .I would also welcome any kids of an older age that can challenge me with regard to learning technical skills.

Once in a while my Son will visit fron NL and he plays at the highest youth level and is also a qualified trainer.

Its a little bit selfish but if he knows he can play/train hockey with kids in NO it will be an easier discussion for me to have him to come visit.

I will pack hockey sticks and hockey balls in my car when I move in the New Year. A Venue to train will be found.

Thank You!

Let me know if you need some help with the sports admin side of things - not always easy to get in around here! IŽve just started netball and itŽs been a struggle, but I have a lot of experience from rugby so it helps!

You might be lucky if you get in touch with BISS or ISS, and they are interested in providing an after school activity offer for the kids in the schoools. Artificial pitches is hard to get hold of here through the kommune system, seeing as the football teams use it year round - but it is possible! The new applications for training times are usually around march each year, so itŽs good to be ready to apply together with all the other sports. They are also looking at building a new multi-sport artificial turf in Stavanger, so start sucking up fast! :)

Hi Kiwikirst

Can you tell me a little more about your netball club?  I played netball for many years myself and my daughter (she is nearly 10) has also played junior netball here in Perth for a couple of years.  We didn't think there was any netball AT ALL in Stavanger - just like hockey - we would love to be involved in anything netball in Stavanger, once we get there......

Hei Jodmon!

Of course!

well - we havenŽt quite started up with junior netball yet, but i know the British school has some netball in PE, if you are planning on sending your daughter there. I have had quite a few questions from parents and teenagers, so am definitely open for expanding into junior sport (it also gives us great funding opportunities).

The club is very new (formed during the autumn) but we have managed to get an indoor training time. We train once a week, and the plan is to attend some tournaments abroad (Copenhagen, Stockholm and England) during 2014 to give us something to train for (not just the fun and exercise). ItŽs very social too, which I guess is nice for new people joining us! :) You can find our group on Facebook (search for Stavanger Netballklubb) or send us an email on [email protected] when you arrive :)

Hei sydakabert

We are now settled in Stavanger and my son's hockey gear has finally arrived.  Just wondering if you have made any progress on the plan for junior hockey in Stavanger.  Also, I was going to ask your advice on holiday clinics in Holland and the UK - whether you had any suggestions on which are the good ones etc...

Look forward to hearing from you!

Are you still looking for children to play hockey?

My oldest daughter of eleven wants to play hockey again.
For the last five years she played in Holland. We just moves to Norway and
she really miss it.

Look forward to hear from you.

Hi

Sorry for late reply.  I have asked around Stavanger (at the ISS school) and there is NOTHING when it comes to field hockey.  It is unfortunate - I am thinking about sending my son to hockey camps in Amsterdam in summer - can you recommend any?   Maybe our kids could meet up and at least have a hit?  I would be happy to meet up.

@SdAkaBert Tell me are you still in Stavanger?  I am from Ukraine, I recently came to Norway, but I really miss the local field hockey.  If you are here, I will be glad to learn something or be an assistant

@jodmon I know that it's already 2022 on the street, but tell me, is there any information from hockey?