What are the good places to meet peoples on Friday or Saturday night?

Hello to all of you!

I am starting this topic because I just moved in Hamilton and I am looking to meet new peoples on the weekend.

I spent my 1st weekend over-here and my choices for the evening have not been so good :-(. Consequently, I hope to take advantage once more of your numerous advices to enjoy my next weekend.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Colin

Hi Colin,

If you drink beer or other alcoholic beverages any of the neighborhood pubs should be a good way to meet people in my old hometown (Hamilton).

If not, maybe Starbucks or (to a lesser degree) Tim Horton's.

You might also want to check out the Hamilton YMCA to find out if they have any group activities. They're usually great for meeting new people too.

Give my best regards to the "Steel City".

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi William,

Happy to hear from you!

I really like your town (it is quite similar to my native place: Old Industrial town).
People are so friendly over-here (very polite). I am positively surprised for a town of such size.

I was thinking about YMCA too. I think I will go to have a look over-there.

Nevertheless, for my evening, I was more looking for a kind of pub. Do you know good pubs for peoples above 25 yrs old?

I was thinking to go on Hess street. It seems to be a good place.
Do you know about it? Any recommendation?

Colin

Thank

Hi again Colin,

I've been away from Hamilton for many years now. My last visit back home was 13 years ago when I still lived in Vancouver.

Hess Street was just becoming the "in" place when I last was there, I guess it's pretty trendy now and would probably be a good starting point. From the photos of Hess Village I've seen West Town Bar & Grill or Good Vibrations look pretty decent.

Most of my relatives still are in the Hamilton area. I have a sister in Stoney Creek and a brother in Picton, ON. Hundreds of cousins in Hamilton.

I was born and raised there, left for Vancouver when I was 26 and lived there for 28 years before coming to Brazil in January of 2002. Where abouts in the city are you living?

Cheers,
James

@ William
---------

I am staying at 1 minute walking from General Hospital (junction between Barton and Victoria).

If you come back to Hamilton for meeting your family and you have some time, let me know. I will be please to go for a beer with you.

@ Others
-------

Does someone is interested to meet in Hess street this Saturday night? (I know ... we are only Monday :-) )

Colin