Making Friends in Bergen

Hi All,

Anyone fancy meeting up for new years eve in the city centre.

Mark

Hi, anyone free for a coffee this afternoon?  I'm heading into town shortly after lunch if you fancy it.

Hi everyone

Happy New Year

Would anyone like to meet up for a afternoon coffee / tea next week in the centre? Let me know if any of you are free and we can see what day is best.

Karen

Yep, I am free most afternoons at the moment

Hi Everyone...Happy New Year.  Since it's friday I'm assuming that you guys didn't meet up for a coffee? Sorry that we all keep missing each other! Karen, I'm up for next week if anyone else is free. :)

Hi everyone!
I'm Canadian and have been living here in Bergen with my Finnish husband for the past two years. I haven't met that much people though since I was busy enjoying being a newlywed and learning Norwegian. And it doesn't help that I don't work.
I would really like to meet some people and make friends. I'm free pretty much all the time. Just let me know if you want to meet for lunch or coffee.
Virginie

Hi,

I am free in the afternoons! x

Hi all,

How about Thursday afternoon say 3pm? Shall we meet at the entrance to the Radisson hotel by the Ole Bull statue - as it's undercover (I think) and it will probably be raining - also that way those that haven't met before won't have the worry of not knowing what people look like. :)

Karen

hi karen,

im Janet from the PHILIPPINES, soon i will be in norway particularly in bergen where my fiancee lives...hope we can be friends...

Thursday at 3pm is good for me. See you then x

Suddenly I have stopped getting emails about this forum, so I haven't checked it for a while, but I will try to be there, but wont be until atleast after 4. I'll text Nina and find out where you're all at:-)

Hi!
I can't make it today but I'd love to meet up with you all some other time.
Have fun!

lol,I have no caucasian friends before.
Hope I can meet you someday.

Hi Everyone,

I am engaged to a Norwegian citizen and will be relocating there in April of 2012. I will be visiting Bergen again in June of this year. I am a little nervouse about meeting people and would love to make some new friends.

Hi Karen,
Hoping your still here in Bergen. I am, like you, Canadian.
Spent a long time in the Nordic countries though.

Now in Bergen again - my 3rd week. Love this place!
Have you met any other interesting Canadians and/or expats?

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Marcia

Hi Marcia,
Karen isn't Canadian -- but I am!
I've been loosely in the ex-pat circle and there are great people here, but I'll finally be in Bergen as of next weekend... Hoping for a get-together with everyone soon - would be great to have you come too.
Peace,
Yael

Hi Yael,

That's awesome that you will be here next week!
Where are you coming from?

Where will you be living when you get here?
Hope to meet you.

That would be fun!

Marcia :- )

hi yael - I cant believe you will be here as of next week! seems like ages since you started on this blog!!! we must meet for a drink when you are here x

Hi! Have you guys managed to meet up yet? I've been a bit pre-occupied with my baby boy, now 2 months old (already!!). Would love to meet up for a coffee one day if anyone is interested?

Ingvild:)

i'm keen! couldn't make it last time as my fiance slipped on the ice and had to take him to the hospital but I'm there with bells on this time! x

Oh dear! Hope he's alright!

Daytime is best for me and I'll have Victor with me. How about lunch one day? Wednesday next week?  Fi do you have a baby too?

I am here! Thanks for the welcome, Fi & others... :)

Meeting up this Wednesday sounds good to me. On Monday I'm going to see if I can get into a norsk language course that would go until 1:30pm every day, so perhaps we could do a late lunch at 2pm on Wed?

What do folks think?

-Yael

I would like to meet up with you all one of these days.. I am working during the daytime, so maybe we can plan an evening out sometime soon!

No, didn't happen because no one replied!

If someone else organizes something I'll be glad to join in.

Peace,
Yael

How do! My Name is Kobi and this is my 5th month in Bergen!

Woo!

Does it ever stop snowing??

How are you guys all doing and how is the Norsk coming on?

I am learning at Nygård Skole after work twice a week. I am determined to pass Bergenstest!

What is the best way to find out about gigs here? I went to a good one at Garaje by Silje Nes last week. I took some sweet pix and posted on my blog kobestarr.com/content/silje-nes-garage-bergen-17th-feb-2011

Lets me know how the meet ups go an and language support if people need someone to go out and dance or run with (if it stops snowing - i never thought i'd say that as a snowboarder!!) i like Lille as a chilled dancy type vibe!

K*

Hi everyone,

Trying to organise something for Wednesday 9th March about 2pm to then roll on to late afternoon for all those that work - lunch / drinks / chat.

Anyone free.... let me know. Probably meet in the centre again at the ole bull statue - my nominated meeting point lol!!

Looking forward to meeting new faces and welcoming back old ones (Yael - great that you're back!!).

Karen : )

Sounds good! I'm in:D

Me too - I'm in.

me too! see you all on Wednesday :)

me too,but I can't make it until after 4...do you know where you're headed after the ole bull statue? Maybe I can try to meet up with you..:)

I'll try to make it too. Might have to wait til evening though...maybe we could meet at pasta sentralen for dinner for those coming after work?

Hi all!

I hope it isn't too late to get this message out to folks who want to come tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2pm and beyond!

Let's meet at the Ole Bull statue like Karen suggested at 2pm, for those who can. If it is raining, I'll be carrying a bright red umbrella. If not, well, I have an olive green jacket and brown curly hair.

So that people who want to join us later can find us, let's go to Cafe Opera. We'll try to find a table upstairs on the 2nd or 3rd floor where things are calmer. Cafe Opera has a nice, chill atmosphere, and serves reasonably priced (for Norway, ha ha) food, cafe fare and alcoholic drinks. Something for everyone!

If you want to join us later, come find us at Cafe Opera. Here's a map:
http://www.oregano.no/restauranter/berg … pera/kart/

Hope to meet some cool folks tomorrow! :)
-Yael

Ahh have fun guys, hope to meet up with you all really soon, ill be in Bergen for begining of may.
have a drink or two for me. xxx

Hello
Is any body here, hope to meet some oldies from Bergen. Might be we can arrange some hike or walk.waiting for reply.

Arshad

Hi i moved here two months ago, from England with my husband and children. would love to meet up with you guys for a coffee.
regards michaela

Hello Claudia and Michaela

Thanks for replying. So fix a time/date for meeting. I am free after 5pm every day and on weekends. So give me a call on my number for quick meeting.

Arshad

Hello Claudia and Michaela again

Hope you are fine. We can meet tomarrow Tuesday at 6pm. Meeting point is very well know so you do not have any problem, We can meet near Blue Stone.
If any one else also wants to meet, he/she is also welcome.

Arshad

Bored at the moment - would like to meet up with some other expats for a beer/chat/craic at the weekend.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Irish
I am not here this weekend, i am travelling to Sweden. But would love to meet you after monday. Write me a message if you would like to meet after monday and after 5pm.

Arshad