Making Friends in Bergen

Hi Mezz,

as i am working evening is better for me. Hope it is ok for everybody

Hi Karen,

I hope the transition is going well for you.   I am also in transition in a move to Bergen which will be permanent from the end of November.

I would also very much like to meet new friends so it is encouraging to see you have recieved such a great response.

Kind regards
Lisa

Hi!

I'm kind of a reverse expat as I am a Norwegian who has returned to Bergen after 8 years in London. I live here with my English husband and we're having a baby soon. It would be nice to join you for a coffee!

Ingvild :)

Hi

Would love to get a meet organised over the next couple of weeks...

Who's free and when?

Karen

Hi,

I would be interested.  I arrive in Bergen on 26th November thus I'll be available week commencing 29th Nov.

Look forward to meeting you.

Best
Lisa

I'm on leave so can do most days and times. My due date is fairly soon though so I might be prohibited, but if not I'd love to come:)

Best, Ingvild

I am new in Bergen as of Nov. 11th, and would like to meet up also!  The weather has been so beautiful since I arrived, I can't believe this city is supposed to be so rainy.  Our apartment is up the hill from the bus/train stations, but in Dec. we will move to Damsgardsveien, I'm so excited.

Would anyone like to meet one day next week for coffee, say Wed? I'm flexible on day and time.  Can someone suggest a location?

Sounds good. Wednesday is fine for me at the moment. Either day or evening, although it seems there are a few who work during the day, so maybe evening would be better? There are lots of lovely, cosy cafes around, but what if we just go to Dickens, as it's easy to find for new people, and has a lot of space.

Wednesday is fine for me too. but i would prefer evening if it is ok for all.

Hi everyone,

Would love to meet you all on Wednesday. I'm free afternoon and evening so just let me know a time. Dickens is great for me and I've mentioned it to a few of the other ladies that I met when I originally started this thread.

See you all next week  :)

Sounds fun! I would like to meet up with you all as well. Not sure if this weds. works for me, but hope to catch the next get together.
Amy

PS Mezz, is that you? ;)

Yes, Amy, it's me:-) Maybe we could meet up with this group:-) How is your week looking this week?

:) I thought so! I am working weds-friday and j has practice weds evening..

Hi all! I'm hoping to also meet up tomorrow but I have a norwegian exam on Thurs. so I'm not entirely sure if I'll make it. Did you guys decide on a time? Stay warm all! :)
Nafeesa

How is 8pm for everyone? I would like to get my kids into bed first...Is that too late?

Hi, having seen the thread, it looks like eves are best but tomorrow (Wednesday) few are available.  I hope I don't throw confusion on this, but would people prefer to meet Thursday evening to give more people the opportunity of making it - 8pm at Dickens?  I am available both eves.

Hi

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it Thursday as I have a late client at the salon.

If it is better for everyone maybe we can move it to next week?

Karen

Whatever, I'm easy:-)

So, who's in for tonight?

I'm up for tonight.

Shall we still meet at Dickens then at 8? I am so over this cold weather but I will wrap up warm and brave it : )

Agreed - super.  I look forward to it.  See you there.  I guess it will be easy to find each other.

Cool, see you there:-)

I'm really sorry but I can't make it tonight as I am not well:( I'd love to be there and hope there will be more meetings to come!

Have fun! :)

Ingvild

Hi,
I'm so sorry ladies, but we had an unexpected visitor at 7:30pm tonight which made everything late and has caused a lot of stress. I have just gotten my kids down now. I hope you got a message from Nina, Karen, and I hope you two either stayd home in the warm, or had fun together.
Hope we can get a bigger group together soon!
Melanie

Hi

I was late (as always) so I think I may have missed Lisa. Let's try and organise something again soon.

Karen

Hi,
I was wondering if it might be easier to meet during the day? It's just so hard to get out at night at the moment when it is so cold and dark! Sorry to those who are busy during the day, but would anyone be interested in meeting up on friday around lunch time?

Hi ladies,

Shame things didn't work out last week - I waited until 8.30pm,  but understand - these things happen.  Would like to try again - day time also good for me.  I'm in London this week but will be back in Bergen next week - available Wed, Thurs and Fri.
Lisa

Hi All, My wife and I(Scottish and Irish), are moved over to Bergen since the start of the year, and we would like to meet up with other expats since we only meet the locals, and get into some social activities etc.

Irish Mark wrote:

Hi All, My wife and I(Scottish and Irish), are moved over to Bergen since the start of the year, and we would like to meet up with other expats since we only meet the locals, and get into some social activities etc.

Hi Mark!  I've sent a message to your inbox.

Hi, anyone interested in meeting wed, thurs day time this week or Friday day or eve?

Friday day is good for me:-) Hope we can get something together this time!

I am working this week, but have free all next week(a big woo hoo!!!)..Would anyone want to meet up next week as well?

Anything for you Mrs J:-) Would be great to see you again! Maybe we could even go for a walk??

Yes,it would be great to see you again too and definitely up for a walk... I have a new phone, same number, so call me! :)

Hi everyone!

I'm free Thursday if anyone is free?
If not I am heading back to the outlaws for Christmas in Scotland on Friday. Back in Bergen for New Years so if I don't get to meet anyone before then have a fab one and I would love to meet some people in the New Year! x

Dear all

I am new to this forum but would definitely be interested in meeting some nice people! Friday evening would be good! I would recommend Pingvin or Biskopen as good places for a quiet drink - anyone interested?

Hi All,

Anyone fancy meeting up for new years eve in the city centre.

Mark

There is an Americans In Bergen Facebook group.
We formed a few months ago, have around 25 members, and have already had a few get togethers at Finnegans's, Peppe's, a Thanksgiving dinner, and some other events.
Feel free to join, It would always be nice to have more peeps!
facebook.com/group.php?gid=139124689440124