Clean place to stay

I will be stopping over at Almaty on my way back to London in December. Do you know of any cheap but clean place to stay for 1 night?

Hi Jaming,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that I created a new discussion as from your post on the Almaty forum for better visibility and interaction.

Are you travelling alone to Almaty?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

No my colleague from England is also on the same flight route as well. So it will be two of us and if possible two separate rooms.

Why don't you consider a hotel, could be about the same price for 1 night.

cheers

HI Kam,
A hotel or B&B is what I am looking for, but at a  reasonable rate distance from airport.
Also I heard there is a very special wooden house n the Almaty that a colleague recommended me to see. Can you give me some advice?

Hi Jaming, of course I can give some advice. At the airport there is a hotel "Aksunkar", Some more should be near as well. What about special wooden house, did your friend mentioned the location, since there are plenty of them in Almaty, especially for renting :). If you'd like I could check a cozy hotel. When are you coming, how much you'd like to spend?

Thanks Kam for the useful information.  I am fine with the cheapest and clean hotel, but my colleagues wants basic Travel lodge/Premier Inn standard. I would prefer to pay to 10,000 KZT only, but my colleague is willing to a little bit more for a bit more comfort. Also need be close to somewhere to eat/dine as well. As long as it has a double bed and on suite shower/toilet, both of us should be ok. But need two double bed room.
Sorry I should have made myself clearer, the wooden house/building I mentioned relates to a possible "site seeing" place or interest before my flight next day in the afternoon. It is somewhere in a park and of interest as it is held together "naturally" (information from my colleague).

Jaming hiya, I have to tell you Almaty is freak. You both could stay around airport area in a standard hotel room. I'm sure 10k for one night is obviously descent. 5k to get additional comfort or leisure will work. I'd like to enjoy with you staying in my city. You could stay for a night in my home at the center, for free, one requirement you should entertain my kds :)))))) kidding. We've got the independence  celebration here. Cheers, absolutely feel free to contact if any  emergency. Kam

I was a bit drunk replying your last post.. Will try to give you some options

Hotel "Almaty"     [email protected], +7(727) 272 00 70, +7(727) 272 00 47, +7(727) 272 42 03 - Standard 19 sq.m.BB room for 15K. Location at the old centre, opposite to National Dramatical Theatre. Panoramic view, free wifi, LCD TV,

Kazjol hotel - +7 (727) 250-50-16, 250-89-23, [email protected] - Economy BB room 14 sq.m. for around 12K. Wifi, gym, pool, sauna included.

There are some more smaller hotels in the city, the price for 1 room around 10-12K.

Personally I'd recommend "Almaty" hotel, there are many eating places around, 30-40 min by a taxi from the airport.

Thanks Kam for the useful information. What is the normal estimated taxi rate from airport to old Town/city?
May be we can catch up another time?

You are welcome, if I were you I would pay about 2k from the airport to the center, but I'm a local. Airport's Taxi service who stays just next to exit, will probably charge from 4 to 5K. If you'd like I f

I can check price from some taxi services in Almaty, they can pick up you right from the airport, not sure is this option cheaper... Feel free any further question,

I checked "leader taxi" they provide online booking http://m.taxi-leader.kz/index.html (in Russian). The price from airport to Almaty hotel is 1500. Hope this give you a sense

Thanks for all your help.
I have found the "wooden" building its the Zenkov's Cathedral in Panfilov Park.
If I have time I will go there this Saturday morning for a quick visit.

Yeah, it's the first wooden cathedral built in Almaty. This building was built with no any nails at all. Beautiful building, also go to the public bath/sauna "Arasan" it is near from the Cathedral. Good place for recreation.

Thanks Kam, May be next time, as I only have few hours and my flight is just after noon.

I tried using the website for the taxi, but as I don't in Almaty, I am having problem doing it. Can anyone help or advice?

Arrived at Almaty (earlier than expected) got a "cab" and booked in one of the hotel your suggested. Thank you Kam.