Sadara

Hi there everyone,

Just wonderng how many people on here have been offered positions with Sadara or currently work for Sadara and could possibly share their thoughts?

Just a general discussion really

Im sorry what is sadara? Im newbie here sorry

Sadara is a new Chemical Company, a joint venture between The Dow Chemcial Company and Saudi Aramco

Ahh ok.. Thank you for ur reply

Hi...
I'm being offered a job at Sadara, should be joining mid Dec.Will keep you updated once I start working.

Thank you

Hi Joe,

Are you going to be training at another location for the first few months? If so, have you been told where yet?

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah

I am not aware of any training yet, maybe there is. I will keep you updated once I start.

You are welcome

Hi,

I've been offered a position with Sadara along with 4 other lads I work with, we're expecting to travel to Saudi Arabia in late January/early Feb next year then we're going to either Germany, Portugal or Houston for approx 6 months.

Same here, but Portugal is a new one to me.

I have been offered a position and have accepted. So far the process has been very slow and has not been much information shared with me at all. As for your question on insurance they did tell me the insurance is only good in kingdom and family that remains in US would not have insurance. If I travel on business out of kingdom I would be covered. I hope to be there sometime in January. Is any of you over there already?

Hi anybody are working in SADARA??? what is the SADARA compuond name??? I have a offer, but I have a lot of question?? anybody could helpme??

Hi my husband flys out on the 1st feb, really big step as me and the kids are staying here as he is going bachelor/married just hoping everything works out for us all

teesuk - Me and another lad are also flying out from Teesside on 1st Feb, is your husband going elsewhere for training or staying in KSA? if he's training does he know where he's going yet?

No hasn't been told where hes going for training yet although Germany was mentioned

Update: I have rejected the offer from Sadara because they have not been fully truthful with me concerning many different things. I just found out that you will not be available to take time off until after a nine month period. If you have to take a leave they will not provide flight tickets, My recruiter was like dealing with a used car salesman. I wish you all the best of luck and if you haven't departed yet contact your recruiter and make sure all your questions have been satisfied.

Yeah, I was told Germany at 1st but I'm going to Houston, Texas. If he hasn't filled out an application for a US visa it's probable he's going to Germany.  Does he work on Teesside now or offshore?

He works for Ensus on wilton site are you taking family out with you

Yes, my wife and 8 year old daughter follow me out in September after training.  Enrolling my daughter in the ISG school in Al Jubail for the next year.  Don't you fancy going out there?

I care for my elderly mother so don't have ay option really, this will be the first time we have been apart for so long, we have a 10 year old daughter then I have  3 from previous marriage its been a really hard decision and just hope we can cope with everything thown at us, who's to say that things might change

I just got an offer from them on 21-Dec-2013 , it is really bas only they considered 8% as more than what I am receiving as Mechanical Engineer with 10 Yrs experience ,the offer was 7774 USD per month by the way , Iam saudi national with family status Medical Coverage

I rejected the offer

I agree that the coomunication has been really poor. I spilt up with my long-term partner and then lost my Dad in 2013 then in a short space of time I got approached to apply for this job. It all happened realtively quickly - the interview and then the contract discussions in one day!
I decided to go and then typically met a new girl. Getting on really well and although I still want to go and experience things so I am not left wondering later in life, I feel I'm going to get a harsh reality check not long down this Sadara line.
Instead of being excited with a little (understandable) apprehension I am becoming more and more anxious and wondering if I could be about to make a big mistake.
Is this true about not being able to have holidays within 9 months of joining them? That's ridiculous and there is no mention of that in the contract. I did expect to be committed to training but how can they dictate such rules?

my hubby has joined sadara in dec 2013....we will be joining him shortly...he was promised ojt in germany but still no signs of movement...lets see...but yes....sadara is a huge project...

welcome to the sunny ,hot weather.

Hi emvel , I am from hpool and got an interview coming up for sadara could you give me some advice and did you get an offer the same day as your interview

Me work before tcc iso site 207 my job pipe fabrictor me now release from tcc bat now I will give Sadara id return  bat tcc no give Sadara now way no making may Sadara id please help me

Hi All Sadara boys,

I also got an offer from them and I am seriously considering it.  anyone out there based in Al-Tuarki BP?
anyone working IT?

I would like to meet new people, who are currently out in KSA or are planning to go pretty soon from UK.

thanks

Hi ITapps, I'm from Canada and got a job offere from Sadara to wrok in the IT, I'm just submitting my papers to the KSA embassy to get my visa and planning to be there end of Jan 2015, when are you planning to get there and what are you doing in the IT?

Hi Ash,

not certain at the moment, what role they have in mind.  however, will be based in Al-Tuarki BP and living in Las Dundas.  I was not given a time frame and I haven't submitted my Visa app yet, waiting to get that from on-boarding team.
What about you, how far are you in the process? do you know which role you will be doing?

Anyone working now for Sadara can tell us about the Medical coverage, does it include health and dental, is there any deductibles? what re the premium employee pay, which company is the insurance with

Thanks.

Hi Hartlepool, just had interview and I am from Hartlepool. Get in touch.
Keith.

Kuwa wrote:

Hi Hartlepool, just had interview and I am from Hartlepool. Get in touch.
Keith.

For info, this thread has been inactive since 2014

Regards
Kenjee

Thanks Ke jee,
Never even noticed.
Keith.