Mixed married in indonesia

many of my women friend married with foreigner and they are concerned about their children citizenship. now, indonesian government has enacted the law to allow the children to have indonesian citizen.

So it sounds like the children can have dual citizenship ??

Kartika, this law has been around for several years now.  If you and your friends are not already members, you should become a part of this excellent group which was the primary influence on the government to enact that law:

http://www.kpcmelati.org/

They were also behind recent changes making it easier for foreign spouses to obtain their KITAP (now known as the e-KITAP) permanent residency visa.

I will answer this when I get home.

If the kids are officvial than OK

Kids would have duel nationality until 18
The foreign partner can get a KITAP after 2 years of marriage.

Some say this allows freedom to work but the manpower department disagree.
I know of a few who have said, "I'm working so come and get me" but I have yet to hear of anyone being arrested.

That only means I haven;t heard of it, not that it hasn't happened.

I will pop a report in for the OP - not for anything but to merge with the same thread in the indo section.

As our three boys were all born before the law passed we had to go through some paperwork, but as it turned out they were in the first wave of those kids issued their official Indonesian citizenship.  For births post effective date of the law, this dual citizenship is automatic, but the marriage has to be legal and with a proper marriage license. 

We saved a bundle of money not having to pay for those additional three KITAS visas, that's for sure!

All three boys have Indonesian passports as well as US passports and Social Security ID's. 

It will be interesting to see what choices they make in not so many years to come.

good luck dear bros

Why the good luck wish Saeed?

It's all rather straight forward and simple.