International School of Choueifat - Manama -Feedback Needed

So , this post is a based on reading / discussion with couple of you. Just to make it more valuable , i thought to have it Clear Subject.
Most of the People i saw are distributed between British & St.Chris..so they are fully booked even the waiting lists for Sep2014 :)
"International School of Choueifat - Manama"
1) What is your feedback on them , any one there to give input ?
2) Compared to the British School & St. Chris , which is better ?
3) If Fees not the issue.. and you have the luxury to choose , what would be your best option ?
4) I like to have my kids raised up as "international citizens " , "young entrepreneurs" "Creative" ... all the schools i saw are saying the same words.. but which is the real thing ?

Walaa Maher
A New EXPAT
trying to be the best father

I dont know much about Chouefait but I have it in my mind that what I heard was not good.  Dont quote me on that though and maybe someone else on here has more information.

There is a new international school in Manama which seems to be getting some quite good reviews recently.  http://www.mns-b.com/bahrain/

Another good one, depending upon your children's ages is Nadeen in Adliya. www.nadeenschool.info

What age are your children?  Although BSB and St Chris are saying no space remember this is a very transient country and spaces do become available although in these 2 schools it does depend on passing entrance exams.  In my opinion, BSB is more international than St Chris but am sure some will disagree :)

Hope that helps

So the kids are 8 and 3
I agree with u about BS is more of international than St Chris..yet my outage from the website and the branch we have in Egypt..it is more of a club than a school.. may be this is me so no one please quote on me in this ..
I checked the mns and they have vacancies even for this term but the criuculum is still not the international diploma.
Shwaifat at egypt is very strong when it comes to education and building character. But I have no news in Bahrain

Am not sure what you mean about the British School being a "club".

It follows the British Curriculum very closely and gets extremely good results.  To be honest pretty much the same as St Christopher's - the main difference being that at BSB every child learns Arabic from KG and it is a very focused part of the curriculum even for those non Arabic speakers.  It is very academically structured and the majority of the teachers are British.

My two elder boys go there.  One is nearly 17 and the other one is 9.  My 17 year old completed his IGCSE's there and got very good results.  My 9 year old is doing extremely well.

We arrived here 2 years ago direct from the UK and I can honestly say that BSB far exceeds the education they were receiving there.

BSB do not run IB so if you want that, then this school is not for you.

I guess it depends on what sort of "character" you are trying to ensure your children grow into.

The best thing for you to do is visit all of the schools yourself and make a decision based on your own feelings.  Each of us on here can only give you an opinion based on our direct experience of each individual school and what we as parents want for our children from their learning experience.

My kid goes to St Chris and it is nowhere near as good as BSB - BSB was full.

Like Scottrace said, you have to visit them and make up your own mind. Sooner rather than later for obvious reasons like they are all full