Travel to Israel

Hi everyone!

I have an inquiry, I am currently working here in saudi arabia, but im interested to travel to israel. I know that its going to be difficult to travel there. but does anyone know of a way how to travel to israel and still be able to come back to my work in saudi? thanks!

If you have an Israeli visa in your passport you will have trouble with travelling to other countries who will not allow you entry.

May be best to do an online search for information or contact the Saudi authorities for the information.

Israel(Rightly or wrongly -Best to leave the politics to other forums), is commonly considered to be less than acceptable so, as I understand it, an Israeli stamp in your passport will exclude travel to many countries.
I did hear a story, the Israelis will add a temp page in your passport for their visa but that could be an old wives' tale so must be checked before travel.

Yes, there is such a possibility.
You can travel to Jordan and then - to Israel; at the Border control you ask them to not stamp your passport and they give a separate paper (like an entry and exit permit in one).
That usually works well - at least with me it did.

What's new, eh? Here's an extract from a blog-post of mine ('Permission to Treavel - T-11') in August last year - a story from my travels through the Middle East in 1965:

"Linda accidentally got herself locked out of the entire Arab world when she applied for a Syrian visa in London six months ahead of time. A few days after we began travelling together [related in 'Zorba the Greek (T-2)' in January 2012], I noticed some Arabic writing in her passport, put there by the Syrian Embassy in response to her application. It sure didn't look like a visa; but what else could it be?

"The British Consul in Istanbul (whose terms of reference included helping Australians, since there was no Australian Consulate there) translated the words for us. 'The Republic of Syria, mindful of its moral duty to support its dispossessed brothers in occupied Palestine, does not issue visas to persons intending to visit the Zionist entity calling itself Israel.' Or words to that effect.

"Oh dear! No Arab nation would ever issue a visa in the face of such a note. Either we abandoned our travel plans for the Middle East or... well, or not, as it happened. The British Consul, gallant fellow, issued Linda a UK passport good for twelve months, and we mailed her Australian one back to London.

"So we did our Middle East thing – and never even made it to Israel after all. We only spent a few days in Syria, on our way from Palestine to Lebanon, and we bought our visas at the border-crossing while the bus waited.
"

By the way, Cuba today does that "visa on a piece of paper" thing, on request. Our local airline runs regular flights to Havana from Cayman, and US citizens fly to Cayman specially to take those flights.

Hi trek28us,

Your topic is now on the Israel forum.

Thank you,
Best of luck,
Christine
Expat.com team

so it is possible if I pass by jordan before going to israel? are there bus service that travels from Amman jordan to israel? and the immigration officer on the border wont stamp my passport?

how true is it that there is a visa on arrival for philippine nationals when they go to india? anyone knows?