Smart TV advice please.

FlamingGalah! wrote:

That's strange that it works for you, I know from looking on the XBMC forums that a lot of people have said it isn't working. No biggie though as most shows on 5 can be found elsewhere in XBMC & I download Neighbours & Home & Away & watch at Oz pace anyway (sad I know lol)...

i will check again just in case things have changed and let you know

Can any one advise on how i can go about having UK TV (ITV player /BBC i Player )on my 3 smart TVs & smart Blue-ray player,Xbox ONE & 2 Sky HD boxes
As we have lost all the free UK TV channels  on Sat :( , i still subscribe to Sky,but most important were the BBC/ITV
i have Melita as my internet provider and a VPN (UK TV access) ,only problem is that i can ONLY watch BBCi Player on the laptop/Tablet and have to plug in the laptop/Tablet each time on the TV....wife finds this very annoying

Is there a way round the issue
1: can i buy a router that i can program with VPN
2 :Best option if available a way that i can use my Smart Samsung (WiFi) TV directly,indecently all my TVs were imported from UK last year

any advise

Thanks

get a cheap smartdns service €3 per month install that in the tv under network settings - or better still in the router so everything that goes via the router gets the smartdns applied.

smardns is more efficient than vpn - it uses less bandwidth

there are vpn routers available for sure

there are dedicated iptv boxes such as the mag250 - i think Redmick has one - available from a number of suppliers here.

there are android boxes with xbmc installed that will do it as well as some android phones etc

thanks for the quick response
Where can i get a router that will accept smartdns, especially to work with Melita

i have a Melita's own Cisco wifi router and i installed my smartdns on it no problem

Just bought Droidbox X7 Android for TV stations.
Anyone use one any info be great.

cheers MC

I use one in our Bar, well an Android box with different addons for different things. Top box and awesome for getting UK TV as well as sport

Julian

@ Julian maybe you can help me out or someone else.
Question you have to update the XBMC on first run.
It says open XBMC. Go To videos >Addons Droidbox wizard and select Addons  pack for Droidbox V8
V9 V7. This will install latest set of addons. Then restart XBMC.
Where do if find this option on the DroidBox.
Any help be grateful.

Cheers MC

can someone explain how to connect to dns?

thanks

usually it best to install the smartDNS ip addresses in to your router thus all traffic goes through them.... be aware there is a risk of virus and or hacking of the box.... it is after all connected to the internet

toonarmy9752 wrote:

usually it best to install the smartDNS ip addresses in to your router thus all traffic goes through them.... be aware there is a risk of virus and or hacking of the box.... it is after all connected to the internet

hi, is that a device that need to be plugged to the router?

NO in simple terms its a couple of ip addresses  - eg  124.23.150.29  these are unique computer world locations - these are servers that hide your real computer address from the country tv systems you wish to watch.....once installed eitehr at the pc or the router all connections go via them and changes your true internet connection hook ups to the smartDNS addresses.....as they connect there before connecting to where you want to connect to.

its similar to a VPN (virtiual private network) - smartDNS is usually cheaper uses less bandwidth and thus more efficient

i guess is not a free service?
do you have any link?

thanks

there are free smartDNS services
for sure try these

http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/  i use these myself without issues

http://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

toonarmy9752 wrote:

there are free smartDNS services
for sure try these

http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/  i use these myself without issues

http://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

thanks all working, the first is free but i don't thing they have italian ip?

the second has it but is trial for 8 days free

it doesnt matter which one you choose they all work i use an italian one and the german one they being the closest to me but i have also used the stockholm one too

Hi, Im going to be bringing my tv over to malta, its an LG 3D smart tv, does anyone know if it will work in Malta? If I get broadband could I use the iPlayer etc on it? I also have now tv and Netflix in the UK, I presume they wouldn't work on the tv in Malta if I continued to pay the subsciption here?
Many thanks x

On the second link, as the first they gave me only one ip.
Do you know what happens when the trial expire?

Thanks

The LG tv will work here no problem - but to use iplayers you will need to have and pay for a smartDNS service or VPN. there are free ones out there.....

as for the trial expiry - they will ask you to pay - or you could share the uno telly via twitter or facebook and get up to 6months free.....

Anyone knows how to watch the serie a? Even on xbmc?

Thanks

TRY MASHUP..... in xbmc on the live streams and sports folders also in the specific italian channels addons

This is sort of related.

Has anyone used NTV for IPTV?

I am thinking of using them for a web-based browser UKTV experience.

Is there an alternative to NTV?

Cheers

jimmy_better wrote:

This is sort of related.

Has anyone used NTV for IPTV?

I am thinking of using them for a web-based browser UKTV experience.

Is there an alternative to NTV?

Cheers

I only used their free trial, but many of the premium channels were down more often than working...

I use Filmon on XBMC (with other sources) alongside TV Guide Dixie, it is mostly just the UK Freeview channels but is enough for me. There are some other channels such as Sky Sports you can add, not HD picture quality but you can't grumble as it's free!

For any other TV shows I want to watch I can find them elsewhere on XBMC anyway, so not having the premium channels doesn't really bother me  :top:

We use N-tv all the time without too many issues on a Mag250 box... and android MX2 and ATV2 set top boxes running both Android and Linux software, for other rooms

N-tv have had a number of issues with HD channels and a couple of outages due to internet connection issues in Turkey but by and large we cant complain as the missus loves it = plus with the mag250 it has 25 catch up channels

there is a crew called iptvdeals based in Greece - their servcie is good too slightly better channel mix and slightly
better value  - althiough N-tv have just redeuced their pricing....

for a diffeent viewing experience you could try using xbmc software either on a laptop, tablet or an android smart tv box - you will be amazed what can be viewed with these clever little boxes - not perfect but hey its largely free....

I just purchased the ntv package w all UK and Scandinavian channels, and it is working fine in my pc and my Android Tv box w XBMC connected to the tv.. Costs 25 eur p/month but i now have all UK + Scandinavian channels for that price :)

Can someone tell me which model is the best and where I can buy a the xmbc box in gozo?
Thanks

much depends on what you want -- MX2 are very popular

as are minix 5 and 7 's

not sure if there are outlets on Gozo for these but amazon do have them

some come already loaded but theyre usually full of unnecessary apps and this can affect the performance

Toon how do you delete the apps you dont want on the XBMC droidbox X7.

Cheers MC

Hi
Do you know if the remote/keyboard is worth to buy?
And the Italian channels are also via xbmc?

Thanks

You go to all apps  and then apps in the sub menu then on the right select the one you want to delete then uninstall

Italian channels are available for sure in mashup

the remote keyboards are ok - takes a little getting used to

the air mouse is also a good tool if you can master it