Family joining visa

DO I NEED VIA

Dear Mr. Sumitran.
This is an interesting question. Appreciate if you can share your thoughts and suggestion on this.

jeovy wrote:

Hi i am following my xpat husband in muscat next year, he will be Aplying for us family joining visA it aplies for me and my son but i have an iligitinate daughter is she can avail for the family joining visa or she needs another type of visa please help thanks

Hello jeovy,

The marriage certificate of the spouse and the birth certificates of the children have to first get attested by the concerned embassies and then counter attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Sultanate of Oman.

Your daughter will face some issues here since the father's name mentioned in her birth certificate would be different to the one under whose name she would have to be sponsored. Perhaps she could be sponsored on her mother's Visa.

Since this is not a very common occurrence in this part of the world, suggest you ask your husband to speak about this concern clearly to his employer / PRO about some legit way of getting around the issue.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response its very helpfull, anyway on my daughters birth certificate theres no father indicated, would it be a help or same issues? Thanks

In that case, the birth certificate will be considered to be incomplete. Attestation authorities might raise an objection to it.