What kind goods can be confiscated by Airport?

Halo Forum,

my UK friend will visit Indo, he said he will bring his semi acoustic guitar with battery on it, he is worry about his guitar to be confiscated by the airport clearance, because he heard some rumors about it.

i said to him, i think will be no confiscation if you didnt bring any drugs inside. lol

so, maybe anyone wanna share what kind goods can be confiscated by Airport clearance?
Is the semi guitar like his would be on the list too?

need your advice please :)
Thank you. :)

Some airport security are mindless morons but the worse I've heard of were in America, they even confiscated the Olympic torch, claiming it was a slow burning explosive device.
The stupidity is beyond belief.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/3/26/ … By+The+TSA

To Indonesia

http://www.thejakartapost.com/bali-dail … ublic.html

Mostly obvious stuff but I recall the phones were a single, tax avoiding shipment from China.

So far, I've had nothing taken but one customs official wanted a bribe, he didn't get it and that was six years ago anyway.
I'm assured they've cleaned up a lot since then.

I visit the airport several times each year but have yet to see anyone with a guitar so I can't offer advice on that item but searches for people having guitars taken have drawn a blank.
I'm pretty sure they'd be loud complaints on forums or travel sites if there had been any problems.

Added - Customs are rightly very keen on drugs trafficking and a guitar can hide a lot of drugs so, I would be tempted to make life easy for customs if they ask to look at it.
Other than that, call the Indonesian embassy in the UK and ask  before you travel.

ah i see,

thank you @mas Fred.
or i think, he could put off the battery to his luggage and let the guitar without it, as an advice from someone who brought guitars to Indonesia :)

One question comes to mind.
If he's on holiday here, why lug a guitar around with him?

Big mistake.

The guitar is his soulmate,
he always brings it anywhere.
why so, it is big mistake Mas Fred?

He'll explain after a week or so of carrying it around, messing about with it on aircraft, having to check it in, and so on.

For holidays, the lighter the better

mas fred wrote:

He'll explain after a week or so of carrying it around, messing about with it on aircraft, having to check it in, and so on.

For holidays, the lighter the better

lol Mas Fred,
let he decide then :)

Thanks again for advice :)

dbee_curly...I bet a lot people will request a song in the airport :P

DWSA wrote:

dbee_curly...I bet a lot people will request a song in the airport :P

buahaha Dewi, i guess so, and he can't say NO!
lol..

I am with mas Fred on this one. If you are not quite sure about it, better leave it home and travel without it.... he won't die travelling without his "soulmate" :P

To answer your original question, you can never be too sure about airport rules. Each country is different. Especially, ahem... (with so many true stories ).

Sophie Fisher wrote:

I am with mas Fred on this one. If you are not quite sure about it, better leave it home and travel without it.... he won't die travelling without his "soulmate" :P

To answer your original question, you can never be too sure about airport rules. Each country is different. Especially, ahem... (with so many true stories ).

yeah Annie, got it..
my friend has decided not to bring his soulmate, :D
thanks all :)