Re: Christmas cake, mince pies and decorations.

Hi guys,
Going to be my first christmas in the sunshine. Feels weird. Dont feel the same atmosphere as the UK. Kinda sad and for once miss the cold.
Going to still try and be traditional and maybe the spiced apple and cinnamon and fresh baked mince pies and xmas cake and the whole lot that goes with it will make up for missing home.
While im making my batches does anyone need xmas cake and mince pies or fudge? Have decoration got sale too.
Has anyone else made gingerbread stained glass windows with the kids here, I make them in the uk but not sure if they will melt, naybe I will stick to my gingerbread house probably safer.
Pm me if u need anything.
Any meet up s soon? How many people normally turn up? Would like to help or organise something any interested people pls pm me.

Thank you.

Hello,

I experienced my first Christmas away from the cold last year and yes, it was strange. Far too hot to bake anything!! Also, we just didn't feel like eating the usual heavy xmas foods... Maybe we'll be more acclimatised this year, not too sure what I'll be making yet, however the tree (brought all the way from Switzerland) will go up :)
Would love to meet up if there's something going on and do pm me if you like. A group of us do organise Saturday lunches from time to time but I should think the next one won't be till 2014.