Irish Guy considering relocating to Toulouse

Hi All,

My name is Shaun from Galway, Ireland and I have received a job offer to relocate to Toulouse as a Financial Accountant. I am 29 years of age and play Gaelic Footballer for St. James' Senior Football Team in Galway City.

I am undecided as to whether to relocate are not. The main apprehension I have is whether I will like the culture and also the language barrier? Also, is there many Irish like me in Toulouse who live in the area by themselves?

Also, is the cost of living expensive (i.e. Rent, Groceries, Food, Beer)

Any feedback you guys can provide would be extremely appreciated.

My email is [email protected]

Many Thanks,

Shaun

You could try www.numbeo.com for cost of living

Shaun

Compared with other local cities, Toulouse is a real crack. There are a lot of bars, fast food joints. restaurant its got everything you might expect in a pretty developed town/small city in the uk.
I ain't been to Galaway, but you can expect to be outside a lot more, winter months for the most part will be like a summers day.
There are a lot more sports here than in Ireland, Toulouse and the region area has rugby and football. You don't have to go far to find horse riding, running clubs, parkour, rock climbing, hiking, Mountain biking, paintball, golf, swimming, diving, hockey, bowling, skateboarding, roller blade, water skiing, dry slope, snowboarding skiing and real snow not too far away. And a whole lot more.
Imagine an adventure holiday France here is particularly orientated to providing the tourist with every activity so 8 months of the year you won't be bored there.

Food can be dirt cheap and produce is to a very high standard, especially if your cooking it yourself and haggle at markets or use food halls like aldi liddle leader price.
Beer well they have own brand stuff here it varies where you and what you drink. The affordable drink of choice here is wine, though some of the more lethal varieties of spirits are also fairly priced,
You can get a good bottle of wine here for about 4 Euros in a supermarket and 5 euros should buy you the equivalent of 6 coke sized cans of beer, if your canny and a similar price for a beer in a bar that can vary though depending where your drinking.     
Food can also be expensive here its easier to feed 10 cheaply than it is to feed 1. Eating out sit down costs 8 euro's up, you can get multiple course menu's from around 15 Euro's up.
Eating out of mobile vans is cheap.

Rents in Toulouse are higher in town, significantly cheaper out of town, but living in town is pretty civilized. Living in town I'd probably forget about owning a car, unless you do a lot more planning. Large cars and vans very difficult in town small cars less so and motor bikes, scooters, dirt bikes, bikes  much easier. Public transport is great 6 days a week.

Rent prices can vary its a lot cheaper to live in a group situation than on your own. Rents can be broken down into long term short term and seasonal. Though season is less of a thing in Toulouse being a city. Toulouse is mostly apartments. 25 minutes out of Toulouse and you can live rurally if that kind of living appeals.

Sunday can be a very quiet day so plan to do stuff then, like hanging out with people or locals.   
Haven't really done any clubbing yet, seems to be more bar culture though that might be the time of year.

The thing I'd try and focus on is could I be happy with 300 days of sunshine a year, how much sun block will I need.