New to Hanoi/Info for studies/Make Friends

Hi Everyone
I am from Australia and have been in Hanoi for almost 2 months now. I just signed up to this blog and would love some information from anyone who has studied or currently studying in Hanoi.
I checked some of the university websites but they are not really specific about what courses are available for foreigners to study.
I would like to take Vietnamese classes but not sure if this qualifies for a student visa or not?
Also I would like to meet some new people, locals and other expats living in Hanoi to catch up for coffee or a meal sometimes.
Thanks
Amanda

Welcome to Ha Noi! I'm Nhi, i'm a last year student of Ha Noi university of Industry, i'm not a language student but maybe i can help u a little. :) if u want to study VNese u can find a student, whose mojor is English. i have some friend, who are student of Ha Noi university and National univesity. I think they will help u. :) And if u want to khow more about foods, place or traffic in HN, i will becom ur free tour guide, i want to explore an Austraylian too. Please contact me via gmail: [email protected] if u are interested. Have a nice day.

good day!
it is nice to see your profile here.

i am Tony, I am currently living in Hanoi on November to manage the branch office of one of the European company there, I am professional but am open-minded and am partial to kicking back and having a few drinks after work or so, generally on the weekends and maybe a couple of quiet friends here and there throughout the week.

of course, i am with local culture but somehow staying connected with western life a bit, i practise Kungfu and i like voyage, i love to learn and share with each others to make life not only easier but fun and more.

have a nice day!

i may reach you if you may have your contact or You may contact me by my number ++84. 933 123 160

Cheers!
Tony

Hi Amanda
I'm Hieu
I've lived in Hanoi 27 years
I also want to become familiar with the foreign language for exchanging

Hi Tony,
This is Chau and i am now living in Hanoi too.
It's glad to meet you and have conversations in Hanoi.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Chau Hoang

Hi Chau Hoang,

Maybe you should know that this thread here is dated 2013 :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi there,
Thanks for your reminder.
Hope to meet other expats in Hanoi.