How to verify an immigration representative and a request

Hello Beautiful people,

I have two requests:

1) Please I am in communication with a immigration representative who has a registered number and is following up the documents of my friend. She requested for $1700CAD to prepare for her invitation letter and visits to meet company for potential investment.

Please How do I verify if she is genuined and not fake?

2) I recently obtained my visit visa to travel to Alberta. Please are there friends i this location with whom I can communicate for more details? I also wish to request for any support that can enable my stay be condusive.

Thanks for your time and contribution in advance.

Pretty people please write to me

Demion

Hi,

Item 1, sounds fishy: as far as I know no immigration procedure REQUIRES the services of any lawyer or other third party, you should be able to do it all yourself. It's just an option in case your time is more valuable and want to pay someone to do the paperwork for you.

Item 2,: couchsurfing, bewelcome, staydu, ... ?

Hello S,

Thanks for your attention and response to my question. The problem is that i needed an invitation letter and only somebody there and preferable a lawyer or an immigration officer can do it for me. It will also need them to locate a cheaper accommodation and book business appointments on my behalf. To do all these is almost impossible especially when you are not in Canada to make all these arrangements.

Any way thanks for your advise and time. I appreciate it very much.

You want to make sure your Immigration Consultant is registered with the ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Commission) and then visit the ICCRC website to verify the registration number. If the consultant is a lawyer then you need to verify their standing with the Law Society in the province where they operate.

http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En

Beware even if the ICCRC number checks out OK, it is no guarantee of the ethical practices of the particular consultant. You should also check the site to see if there are any complaints registered against the individual.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi William,

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful. I will do just as you have suggested.

Regarding a "Letter of Invitation", this is a letter from a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada who knows you (preferentially a family member or close friend). Don't expect that a lawyer of consultant will be able to provide this for you. Even if he/she were to do so this is an offense under the immigration laws as such a letter would be fraudulent, since the person providing it does not know you personally.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the information. It means it will be difficult then to get a visa for Canada if you do not have a family member or somebody that knows you very well because with an invitation letter they will equally reject the visa.

How then can someone who do not have a family member or a friend get a visa without an invitation letter?

You can go as a tourist. You need to have enough money in your account though to prove you can support yourself financially. As you have been earlier told. If you are caught with fraudulent documents, you may be banned for a few years. It is very easy to do it yourself. I can help you with your hotel and flight booking. Don't let anybody rip you off. 1700CAD is a lot if you ask me.

Bro,

Thanks for the information. Please can you help me with an invitation letter? I can do the Flight and Hotel booking. I just understand that it will increase the chances for the visa if i could get an invitation letter. Please can you be of help.

Of course an invitation letter will improve your chances but it doesn't mean you can't go as a tourist. I am not yet an expat so I can't send you an invitation letter.

Gold45,

Only a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident can send a "Letter of Invitation" to someone planning to come to Canada. Also, this has some very serious legal obligations too, such as a guarantee that the person will leave the country at the end of the visit. It also implies that one would take financial responsibility for the foreign visitor if necessary.

It's a whole lot more than just, "Hi how are you? I'm fine, come visit me here in Canada".

A fraudulent "Letter of Invitation" can result not only in being barred from entry into Canada, but also can lead to criminal charges. If anyone is thinking of trying this, be warned Citizenship and Immigration Canada check all information very thoroughly. If you think you can "put one over on them", think again because you can't.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the information. I just wish to know how to go about to get a genuine Invitation letter then. If it is impossible means nobody will ever travel to Canada and if it is possible how and who can be of help?

thanks for your time and concern

Hello,

Thanks for your concern and prompt response.
I just wanted to help some friends. I already had mine.
Wish to get to know more about u