Hi , i am also moving to bogota soon

Hello everyone,

I am also moving to bogota very soon, but need some info before i move to colombia

1 how much tax we need to pay if your salary lie on a salary band of 3500-4500 usd
2 how much is the rent for 2 bhk
3 how much is the cost of internet electricity bill water bill gas bill comes on a monthly basis on an avg
4 how much avg you spend on your basic necessities like milk bread etc.
5.will my wife will also get a job in bogota even she is coming as a dependent.
6.how much is the gym cost per month

i will also love to make friend and want to meet them in bogota so hope to make lot of friend and meet them

below my answers;

Hello everyone,

I am also moving to bogota very soon, but need some info before i move to colombia

1 how much tax we need to pay if your salary lie on a salary band of 3500-4500 usd.
YOU NEED TO GET A TAX ID NUMBER...AND I THINK YOU NEED TO PAY LIITLE ON THAT AMOUNT YOU SAY PROVIDED YOU HAVE EXPENSES AND I NOT INCOME. ASK FOR A PERSONAL RUT ID NUMBER...

2 how much is the rent for 2 bhk.
DEPENDS ON AREA..NORTH, SOUTH, WEST...BUT NORTH AREA YOU WILL PAY AROUND 500 TO 900 USD DEPENDING ON AREA.

3 how much is the cost of internet electricity bill water bill gas bill comes on a monthly basis on an avg.
AROUND 300-400 USD

4 how much avg you spend on your basic necessities like milk bread etc.TWO PEOPLE AROUND 500 USD..YOU CAN EAT CHEAPLY ON RESTAURANTES FROM 3 USD TO 30 USD....MENU...DAILY MENU

5.will my wife will also get a job in bogota even she is coming as a dependent. OK

6.how much is the gym cost per month...AROUND 30-40 USD...APROX.

i will also love to make friend and want to meet them in bogota so hope to make lot of friend and meet them
BOGOTA IS A VERY FRIENDLY CITY...YOU WILL ENJOY IT...MANY PEOPLE FROM MANY COUNTRIES....
BEST OF LUCK
JOSE

Hi

You would be paying roughly around 25% tax.
2bed room apartment will cost you around 1200-1500 USD unfurnished.
It depends on area too.
Internet around 40 USD 4 MBPS
Water..gas..electricity will cost you around 200 USD.
In building you have to pay around 200 -300 USD admin charges.
Job is tough to get here..if you dont know spanish.
Feel free to mail me or call me after 28 nov if you have any question.

ST2512 wrote:

Hi

It depends on area too.

You have it right

JoyKirk wrote:
ST2512 wrote:

Hi

It depends on area too.

You already got answers, but to see diferent meanings always helps.

1 how much tax we need to pay if your salary lie on a salary band of 3500-4500 usd.
Not easy to answer. How do you earn this money, do you pay taxes for that in another country? Would you like to reside here or just a part time?? Could be nothing to 25%

2 how much is the rent for 2 bhk.
DEPENDS ON AREA..NORTH, SOUTH, WEST...BUT NORTH AREA YOU WILL PAY AROUND 500 TO 900 USD DEPENDING ON AREA. I agree

3 how much is the cost of internet electricity bill water bill gas bill comes on a monthly basis on an avg.
AROUND 300-400 USD   Depending on "Estrato".  In Bogota you have 6 estratos - higher means better living quality but you also pay more for gas eectricity,.... I spend around 150 USD monthly (3 Persons)

4 how much avg you spend on your basic necessities like milk bread etc.TWO PEOPLE AROUND 500 USD..YOU CAN EAT CHEAPLY ON RESTAURANTES FROM 3 USD TO 30 USD....MENU...DAILY MENU..... I agree

5.will my wife will also get a job in bogota even she is coming as a dependent. OK
Is this a question?

6.how much is the gym cost per month...AROUND 30-40 USD...APROX... depending on gym...I would say 40-70 USD

7) Do not forget to calculate public transport or car, driving license (yours may be valid up to 6 month) ....
8) Think about heath insurance ... private one 40-100 USD monthly...and other insurances