Golf courses

After reading a whole long diatribe on Blueberries and fresh organic cream! I suppose I should answer my own question and see if someone corrects me.

"There are no golf courses in Tripoli"

nosmelc wrote:

After reading a whole long diatribe on Blueberries and fresh organic cream! I suppose I should answer my own question and see if someone corrects me.

"There are no golf courses in Tripoli"

Someone has to say it "the sand traps are a nightmare" ;)

hahahahaha!

I only brought a few wedges figured I would practice my Trap game haha its been going good so far I can 70% accuracy from 10 meters. Target... a black basket.

mmmmm blue berries and cream...

This was posted on a past thread.  Hope it helps.  I have read that a real grass course is being built in Tajoura by the Libyan Golf Federation.  So something to look forward to.

There is a golf course and driving range near Az-Zawya about a 30 minute drive west of Tripoli.  It is called Mudi Golf and the owner, (I guess his name is Mudi - that's what I call him!), speaks English well.  You can reach him at 091-212-9263 and he'll give you directions.  Don't expect much - this is likely the worst course you have ever seen but it is 100% better than nothing at all.  It has 9 holes with "straight as an arrow" fairways and sand greens.  They charge 5 LYD for 40 balls on the range and if I remember right it is 30 LYD for 9 holes or 45 for 18. Rentals of clubs and push carts are available but no power carts

Don't forget Canadianturkey to let us know when those blueberries are available.  :lol:

there is a golf course in tripoli, it is along the beach on gergaresh road, ask anyone; it's opposite the cemetery ; )