Set up a company in Maldives

We are an internet based education company in India. We want to set up a company in Maldives. Presently, we are subject to the following tax rates in India:

Corporate Tax 30%
Service Tax   12.36%

We have students in about 50+ countries joining our online courses.

I want to know the followings related to starting a business in Maldives.

1. Since good internet connectivity and cost of telephony matters us, I would like to know if these infrastructure is better or at par with India

2. How creating a company in Maldives will help us in tax ?

3. Can we collect receipts in convertible currencies and pay expenses and dividends in convertible currencies?

4. Is there any bar on repatriation of profit from Maldives to India?

5. How much is the monthly expenses in USD to run a small office with 3 employees? Need a break up please.

6. How much is going to be my monthly personal expenses including rent to live in Maldives?

7. How much salary needs to be paid to secretarial staffs who are good at English and computers?

8. How much it costs to incorporate a company there and what is the minimum paid up capital required?

9. What are the various advantages that we will get by setting up the company in Maldives?

10. What about the residential visa for the entrepreneur-manager/director?

Regards,

Sushanta
India

Hi Sushanta,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As you posted on an old thread, a new discussion was created from your post on the Maldives forum for better visibility and interaction.

I am sure you will get some useful information and advices very soon.

Best of luck

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi Sushanta, just came across your posting.

Pls have a look at Sri Lanka, I think you will find it much more suitable for your exact purposes, as well as much cheaper than Maldives!

If you require any help, please contact me, I am based here, close to the International Airport.

Thanks & Regards, Sam.

Hello samsrilanka

Kindly note that you have posted on a thread dated 2013 and you might not get any replies :|

Cheers

Mishna

Hi Mishna, yes, I noticed that, but as I am also trying to do what guy wanted, to start a business in Maldives, I just thought that I would take a chance and see if he notices my post and contacts me for future collaboration.

By the way, you are SO beautiful, is that really your picture, or is it a cartoon or photshop of a doll?

Cheers, Sam.