I need to register my car urgently

Got to get the car registered & plated here as my UK insurance is about to run out & I only have a 90 day green card with the policy. I've read all the threads & i'm baffled as to what I need to do & in what order. Can anyone clarify?
I know I need to do something at the RAR but what & what's it called. Then possibly something with the police & plates from somewhere. Help! This is damaging my karma. The RAR website is useless. Thanks Sue

[moderated: pls avoid posting your phone number on the forum]

1.Go to the Police office in Sibiu if you have residence on Sibiu area.You have to ask where is the office for cars registration.

-Documents required :
to) the applicant's request . -you can filled this document to any BIROU ACTE AUTO.
b ) the vehicle registration sheet , whose model is established according to legal regulations , supplemented by data owner (not required visa competent fiscal body of the local public administration
c ) the identity card of the vehicle , original and copy;
d ) documents evidencing the applicant's ownership of the vehicle , original and copy;
e) the identity of the applicant, original and copy .
f ) copy of the third party liability insurance for damages caused by traffic accidents in the period of its validity (~ 50 USD ) ;
g) proof of payment of registration fee , established by law ( there are 2 taxes, registration fee and value temporary provisional permit traffic - both around £ 20-25 in total - Payable to CEC , cash , or in some counties within the police ) ;
h) proof of payment of the consideration provisional registration number plates (approx. 40 USD - paid directly to the police ) ;
You will get the NUMERE ROSII (red plates) romanian plates,you can use them 30 days.After 30 days yopu can get another 30 days and another 30 days after.So you can have red plates for 90 days.

2.Next step:programming to  RAR~ 2-3 days

Programming from the Romanian Auto Registry can be done online at http://www. rarom.ro or phone (you can find the phone numbers to the address specified above). Documents required:
All provisions of section 1.
Approval procedures and authentication costs around £ 400 and takes several hours (including waiting time).
Acts of the RAR is received usually the next day, but waiting times may be longer in some cases.
RAR gives you “  certificate of authenticity of the vehicle “

3.Preparation of final registration dossier~ 2-3 days

Documents required :
a) the applicant's request -every office BIROU ACTE AUTO can help you with this.. If the certificate of incorporation and registration of another person who may use the vehicle by virtue of a legal right other than the property owner can request explicit mention in the application;
b ) the vehicle registration sheet , whose model is established according to legal regulations , complete with target dates with the owner and the tax authority of the local public administration . If the certificate of incorporation and registration of another person , shall be filed and completed registration record its data ( to obtain documents from an office car ) ;
c ) the identity card of the vehicle , original and certified translation ;
d ) Romanian identity card of the vehicle that achieved the RAR ;
e) document certifying the applicant's ownership of the vehicle , original and certified translation ;
f ) the identity of the applicant, original and copy . In case the registration certificate to be registered and another person will be present identity card or, if necessary , documents certifying the acquisition of legal personality , name and address , copy;
g) proof of periodic technical inspection , the term of validity (performed in RAR ) ;
h) copy of the third party liability insurance for damages caused by traffic accidents in the period of validity;
i) proof of payment of registration fee , as established by law ;
j ) starting on January 1, 2007 , proof of payment of the special tax for cars and motor vehicles according to law ;
k) proof of payment of the value of the certificate of registration ;
l) proof of payment of fee with registration plates ;
m ) certificate of authenticity of the vehicle ( obtained from RAR ) ;
n) proxy , respectively.

[Moderated: pls send personal details in private]

Thanks so much Cristina. I shall send you the papers when I get them. 11 builders ripping the house apart this week so I shall go to Pitesti (we live in Arges County) next week & start to sort out the car registration. Sue

Hi Sue

I have just registered my car about 4 months ago

What I did is contact am good insurance agent who talked English, he put me in touch with a company that completed the full registration for me and did all the leg work for me at very little cost

Its worth paying this then doing it yourself!!!!

Hope that this helps

Take care

Cliff