Help! Searching for work and accommodation

Hello,
I moved here to be an AuPair, but things didn't work out with the family I was staying with. I'm staying with a friend for now, but I want to move into an apartment in the city (hopefully with other americans?) and teach English. Does anybody know how I can manage this? Can anybody help me out?
Thank you!
Anna

Hi Anna,

I can't help you out with accommodations but have sent you a Private Message with a couple of job leads for teaching.

Cheers,
James

Anna,

I am apartment searching too - albeit in a different state. However I am told that the process is very similar no matter the location. For one go to the newspaper website for Sao Paulo or buy the newspaper. If you are looking for a furnished apartment, a lot of people will tell you it is difficult. Finding a fully furnished apartment might be, but it really isn't. You just need to prepare to pay a premium. I am in the Amazon and have found no trouble finding apartments. Try doing it yourself instead of going through an agent as they will take your wallet/purse for ride.

Good luck.

Matt-

Hi Anna,

I will also suggest you to post an advert in the section housing in São Paulo. This might be helpful.

Concerning the job search, please feel free to post an advert in the language teacher jobs in São Paulo.

Thank you and best of luck.

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi Anna,
Are you planning on staying for good or just a few months?
I live close to an American School and have a room that is not being used. Add me in skype if you wish and we can talk.
daniele.puharre

best,
danny