Living in Munich?

Hi All

I would just like to know for interest sake what the cost of living would be for a couple and a swiss shepher in Munich

My hubby is a Mechanical Engineer and was told that he would be able to earn about 3000 Euro a month.
Would this be enough?

Kindest Regards
Sian

Hi,

3000 is enough for a family.

After tax ?

No. Most probably you have to pay around 40% tax on this salary.

I was asking  sian....

Munich is the most expensive city in Germany.
You'll need around EUR1000/month for rent (2-bedroom flat), EUR600-1000/month per person for food, transport and daily expenses and all other things (luxuries, travel, savings, etc.) on top of that.
So, if it's EUR3000/month salary after tax and deductions, it is possible. If 30-40% tax and compulsory (e.g. social security, health, etc.) insurances need to be deducted from this, you'll have a problem.

That's what I was saying.... It's ok if it's after taxes but not if it's before taxes....

im german citizen planning to move in germany? will the goverment help me? some pf my friends said i can get benefits? is it true? just curious. any info you can give will be much appreciated.. thanks!

A German citizen moving in (meaning within) Germany cannot get any benefits, unless he/she is poor (below HartzIV level with no savings) AND the move is necessary for getting a job.
Contact your Jobcenter before you make any preparations!

thank you for that info.. yes I'm planning to get a job and study as well. but the problem is I don't know anyone in Germany .I din't have a place to stay. would that be a problem? or can The gov't will also help me for that?

So, where are you staying now?
If you have financial problems I suggest you stay where you are (to avoid additional expenses) and contact your nearest Jobcenter.
Unfortunately, studying and working does not go together - and you are not entitled to welfare benefits while you are studying.