Is it safe to work in lubumbashi?

Hello any body from India Or Lubumbashi,

I am recently planning to move to Lubumbashi on an job Contract. I am basically an Electrical Engineer. I need some information about Life at lubumbashi. Whether it is safe there to work for any company. what are the health hazards etc. I am going to join a company name Shalina Resources. It is in lubumbashi. Please help me out with some information. My email ID is   [email protected]

Thanks

Subhransu

Hi sssojha,

A new discussion has been created with your post on Lubumbashi forum for more visibility :)

I also invite you to read the several topics that are available on the same forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Dear brother,

If you are working in a good company never think of this company.

It is a family run company and there is no management team there.

Job security:You should not be surprise after the next day you join the chairman himself come to the plant and found you talking to your subordinate and kick you out saying why are you talking and not working.

Personal safety:In Katanga province(Lubumbashi the capital)where you are joining now a days affected by a terrorist group called Mayi-Mayi who are working actively to separate Katanga from Congo thus not safe.

If you are really do not have a job ,it is OK with a bit of life risk.

Yes besides the above working inside this company for sure cause lungs cancer as the envirnomnet is full of Sulfurdioxide.

As soon as you arrive at the airport,company will take your passport and start black mailing you.This company is a frod company never think of joining this company.

They may try to reach you as Shalina or Chemaf or FZE be careful.

The company is producing one third of its capacity and running at huge loss and may close down in few months.

Dear brother,

If you are working in a good company never think of this company.

It is a family run company and there is no management team there.

Job security:You should not be surprise after the next day you join the chairman himself come to the plant and found you talking to your subordinate and kick you out saying why are you talking and not working.

Personal safety:In Katanga province(Lubumbashi the capital)where you are joining now a days affected by a terrorist group called Mayi-Mayi who are working actively to separate Katanga from Congo thus not safe.

If you are really do not have a job ,it is OK with a bit of life risk.

Yes besides the above working inside this company for sure cause lungs cancer as the envirnomnet is full of Sulfurdioxide.

As soon as you arrive at the airport,company will take your passport and start black mailing you.This company is a frod company never think of joining this company.

They may try to reach you as Shalina or Chemaf or FZE be careful.

The company is producing one third of its capacity and running at huge loss and may close down in few months.