Cobone riyadh

Hi everyone.
Have you heard about cobone vouchers? Have u tried them out? What are the pros and cons? Thank you in advance.

Cobone (that is the ME version of world famous 'GroupOn') has been extremely popular in KSA since three years from now and millions of vouchers have been sold in KSA. Yes, they are trust-worthy.

I have used them tens of times but somehow I've minimised. Predominantly, some businesses/service providers who are barely trying to survive use it as their marketing tool. You really don't see any mind-blowing deals there. Also do expect low quality of service + sorta discrimination (specially in spas and parlours) while redeeming.

If the above factors aren't important for the deal you are going for in particular, do go ahead with trust. This is how I'd weigh on Cobone :)

I have bought a lot of Cobone  cobones (coupons) in the last 2 years in Jeddah.  Mostly restaurant, but also got some salon/spa ones for my wife, dental cleaning, and car window tinting.

Pros:
1) You get good restaurant deals at very reasonable prices.
2) Great for trying out new places that you might not otherwise try.
3) Car window tinting deals represent the best value.  Usually on for SR. 500 to 700, they can save you a lot of money, as much as the amount you end up paying or more!

Cons:
1) The original price (voucher value) they quote is usually inflated.  For example, one of the recurring Jeddah deals (on now) is a buffet at the Movenpick Hotel for 99.  They say the voucher value is 200, but if you go to the hotel and ask how much the buffet is, it is 175.  Still good value, but why do they lie?
2) Food can be a hit and a miss, and unless you get a buffet deal, you are locked in to a fixed dish and so have no choice if it doesn't turn out to be good.  Same with spa and salon services.
3) It used to be mostly food deals (several on at same time) up until a few months ago, but now it is mostly travel/hotel deals, and a couple of food deals on at any given time.  So the choice now is very limited compared to before.

This Riyadh deal on now looks great, I would definitely get it if I were in Riyadh:
http://www.cobone.com/deals/riyadh/bayt … hshi/28527

Dubai still has several food deals on at any given time, and they look great too, and many are quite cheap.  As always, every thing is better in Dubai!

Yes, the site is very trust worthy.

Lots of pros. Usually they provide awesome deals.

The only con which in my opinion is that once you buy the coupon and go to re-deem it, you will be treated in discriminated manner. The service standards for coupon holders are generally low as if they are re-deeming something which has been given to them as free of charge.