I'm coming to Dhaka! Introduction and hope for contacts/suggestions

Hello, hello-

I'm a 30 year old consultant who will be traveling to Dhaka for the first time in the middle of November.

I read wikitravel extensively, and will be staying in the Gulshan area.  I'm a big fan of nightlife and exploring all parts of the city.  Now, while I never expected Dhaka to be Party Central, I was dismayed to read that most of the nightlife/alcohol is around private expat clubs... "There is a party network between the different expat clubs (Dutch Club, Canadian Club, Nordic Club, International Club, American Club, etc.) and some Bangladeshi clubs (Heritage, Privilege, etc.). These clubs usually require membership to enter, or befriend a member and have them sign you in."

So either I try to make some friends now or I'll be stuck paying $12 beers at the Westin, staring at other lonely expat businessmen.  Anyone bored enough to go exploring or let an interesting American (who thinks hes more interesting than he actually is) tag along one night?

Cheerios

give me a buzz, if u cannot find anyone or anything from any other expats or locals, i personally dont have membership in any of the expat clubs myself, but i can suggest you other places to enjoy the nightlife here, and if you dont want to pay the westin prices for your booze, i can manage manage them at a much cheaper price for you. leave me a message here i check them almost regularly, hope u find your stay enjoyable and worthwhile in Bangladesh, thanks for visiting. god bless and tc